Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Begley View Post
Trey

I think I've got quite enough on my hands without trying to moderate a forum on college football, but thanks for the suggestion."

Paula
She's not just a pretty face, she's smart to She's got plently to take care of all ready. I think Byron would be a full time job Plus I'll always remember a famous quote about games with a ball by one of our founding fathers I heard years ago when I was paying far more attention to that type of thing than I should have been.

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by flyman; 06-26-2009 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: 42
Old 07-04-2009, 09:47 PM

If I may, I would suggest that the more sub-division a message board has the more of the following that it has as well: too much information given about specific bodies of waters. If there is a forum just about one stream/river/etc, it is natural to increase the detail of the posts. Second, too much confusion for newbies who want to post basic questions. If they plan on fishing two streams, were do they post?

Just a thought.

- David
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Default New category suggestion

How about a watercraft section?
A place to talk about boats, canoes, kayaks, toons etc.
Lots of good info. can be shared about purchasing, setup, rigging and fishing from different platforms. I know there are several very experienced boaters on here.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman View Post
She's not just a pretty face, she's smart to She's got plently to take care of all ready. I think Byron would be a full time job Plus I'll always remember a famous quote about games with a ball by one of our founding fathers I heard years ago when I was paying far more attention to that type of thing than I should have been.

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Ironic that you post that, Jefferson is one of my relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dornblaser View Post
If I may, I would suggest that the more sub-division a message board has the more of the following that it has as well: too much information given about specific bodies of waters. If there is a forum just about one stream/river/etc, it is natural to increase the detail of the posts. Second, too much confusion for newbies who want to post basic questions. If they plan on fishing two streams, were do they post?

Just a thought.

- David

A general discussion thread.