Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Wink Enough Already!

Byron,

Alright, those of us who are imprisoned in concrete torture chambers of city life and locked in the racks of financially rewarding careers we do not adore as you do yours, have heard enough about the glorious rewarding life of living in one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on the earth while loving what you do for a living more than anything you could be doing. I mean, after all, there is being thankful and there is pilling on. I think we have exceeded the thankful stage and reached the pilling, or heaping on stage.

Seriously, I do think you live in a wonderful place. I hope to be there some day soon myself. Maybe we can fish together an afternoon then.

Please work to keep it the way it is now.

Have a great day!

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM

Smile

Don,
You are always in control of what you do in life! Most people get settled in to a career and it defines their life and recreational time.

With insightful planning, financial considerations adjusted, and the support of family; anyone can pursue their dream or do what makes them happiest the most!

Now, surrendering to your passion is the most difficult step!

I would hate to think I worked all my life in a job that I did not enjoy and that did not involve my passion in one way or another.

As for Byron and others like him; I admire them! They have taken on the risk, challenge, and surrounded themselves with the right people. In turn; life will reward them with the passion they desire.

There are always bumps in the road; but, there is nothing no one person cannot do in this World to overcome and to be happy...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-02-2009, 04:43 PM

Talking Banter

MadisonBoats,

You make some very good points. However, it was just friendly banter. It was probably an overdone and obviously poor job of parody. I hope Byron has seen enough of my writing to know that.

Anyway, I do what I do for a living because, financially, it allows me to do the things I really love to do. I would much rather be fly fishing most days, but I have not been able to find anyone willing to pay me enough to do that full time. I am, however, still working on that.

I also admire the accomplishments of Byron and his team. I think he knows that from our conversations, e-mails, and my subtle writing hints. Nevertheless, he knows now.

I appreciate your response, your passion for living life, your courage and determination to enjoy your time here, and I still love the hat!

Last edited by donwinn; 07-02-2009 at 09:42 PM..
Old 07-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Don you are right. I know how lucky I am. I guess I do pile it on. Why don't you just come on over and hang out a shingle.

Shawn, you are right too. We have lots of choices in life. Live every day as if it is your last. Enjoy life. Thank you for your kind words. Don and I are good friends and I wish he would move here.

One of our customers from Huntsville, Alabama is one of my favorites. He checks in every once in a while with an e-mail. I know his Dad very well. His family has been camping at Cades Cove, Thanksgiving week, ever since he was born with another family.

When our male dog Madison died he sent the warmest note via e-mail.

I got an e-mail from his wife this morning. He died in his sleep at 42 years old last week. I saved the e-mail he sent me when Madison died. I pasted the note he sent me into the e-mail I sent her this morning. Then I cried.

Life is short and you never know when it will be over.

Byron
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 PM

Unhappy At 42

Byron,

How terrible. Did he have any kids? The family sure needs our prayers. They have mine.