Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 AM

GUTSHOT,
Contact your local TRWA Office and discuss your issues with someone that may be able to add clarity to your issues. Also, ask them who they can connect you to in Nashville that will be able to address your issues. Get an email and phone number and be persistent.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 AM

I can assure you the TWRA knows how I feel about management. I have written them about the Clinch and the Caney Fork. If they haven't heard me they can't read and are deaf.

I tell it to the agents on the river as well, most of them just come back with attitude, but I make sure they hear what I have to say in plain terms.

GS

Last edited by gutshot; 07-07-2009 at 04:53 PM..
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM

That sounds like the TWRA agents up in my area. We used to send them emails, call them, and whatever else you could to get in touch with them. People used to take fish out of the SoHo that fell in the slot limit, they would take over their limit, and they where snagging browns during the spawning period. Well, they must have gotten tired of the email as they started showing up and getting out of the truck. Well that came to an end and now if you see one of them all they do is drive around the parking lot in their truck and leave. Who knows what happened. Know I feel like I would be wasting my time to call them or email them about something. If you try to talk to them about something they start back peddling like they are in a hurry to go somewhere else. I know that they are most likely understaffed and can't cover every square inch but if they would make a showing and nail a few of the offenders for about a week or two then the word might spread and the people would be more leary to try something.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM

Default Caney River problems from another site

With a reply from a TWRA officer on the site....."Big Game Guy"

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubb...gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 PM

I don't disagree with harvesting the resource if it is doomed. Kentucky did make regulation changes on the Cumberland when things looked dire, it was not a bad thought IMO, they also reversed it when conditions changed.

The fish not being there at the present time is not related to future warm water. To this point the water temp has not killed fish in the upper half of the river......
Old 07-08-2009, 12:26 AM

i have no problem with people taking fish in the slot limit but when i see a guy with 30 trout most above 16" i have a brief thought about picking up the biggest rock i can find and put it down thier waders.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 AM

Where's a TWRA officer when you need him... I'd love to see the citation for over 4 times your daily limit.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Jim Habera and crew might be some of the biggest bafoons around when it comes to managing our coldwater resources. For years I listend to him and Frank Fiss spew nonsense at meetings and finally just gave up and accepted things for what they were.

The sad thing is the same folks who preached up and down slots would not work on the Clinch are now saying they are working great, and we as users of the resource are seeing the same thing.

Good luck to you all on the Caney, but you have the whole private act thing from the past to deal with in your quest.

One word of advice until regs get improved, don't spout off on-line or anywhere else about how great things are, it just draws attention to the resource and will hurt you in the long run.

BTW Flat Fly n', Big Game Guy is just as laughable as the other biologists when it comes to managing the fish and game in this state. Most of them need to find another profession. Especially the turkey biologist and him as a deer "biologist".
Old 07-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Wolf,
I thought you would enjoy that link.......the only solution was to "increase trout on the dinner table". IF that wasn't a sad statement of "management" in this state. Shut the river down like they do out west when the water temps get up to save their resources, not "put them on the dinner table" knee jerk reaction......
Old 07-08-2009, 02:25 PM

Idiots, they wouldn't know fisheries management if it hit them in the face, same goes for big game management as well.