Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Clinch River CSI

While fishing the Clinch on Saturday I came across this brown in the water, dead. Looks like the work of an Osprey with slippery talons. Of course no talon prints are available at this time (but our government is working on getting talons registered as dangerous weapons)but, I would deduce that the bird's name is probably Arian Foster ...

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 07-06-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Flat Fly In, as much as I hate to say it, don't rule out the jaws of a large striped bass.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Default Bird's Name

I take it you're refering to Fumblin' Foster. That fish must have been located near the endzone.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Any Great Blue Herons around? I had a sucker dropped by osprey almost on me in the Greenbrair section years ago, the talon marks were very visible. I've seen Great Blue's spear and swallow some large frogs etc in the 'Glades" during the winter.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
While fishing the Clinch on Saturday I came across this brown in the water, dead. Looks like the work of an Osprey with slippery talons. Of course no talon prints are available at this time (but our government is working on getting talons registered as dangerous weapons)but, I would deduce that the bird's name is probably Arian Foster ...
You know, you may be on to something there. However, according to Arian, he predates the Osprey. He is pterodactyl, or at least he speaks pterodactyl..... And yes, he had to have been close to the endzone and an Alabama native must have been nearby to scare him into dropping it.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 PM

Yes, another senseless "FLY by" from the gang....Riverhawks!

Arian the Osprey will have to find yet another excuse. " I didn't get a good exchange between my left and right talon", or "dang those fish are slippery", or maybe even "man, the old fishskin just seemed heavy today".
Maybe Waterwolf was seen nearby...an Auburn fan I believe,.... and he just tried to drop the fish right into Waterwolf's cooler?

When does SEC football start anyway?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:46 AM

Default Clinch River: CSI