Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-16-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gverholek View Post
I fished a #16 Zebra today and took 30-40 fish in a couple of hours before the fog lifted and the catching quit. I've not had to go smaller than #18 in the past several months. I can't see well enough to tie on anything smaller.
Actually, I meant to indicate that the midge macro invertebrate were in the 22-24 hook size range. I usually fish that size in calm water above the Church Area. I believe I would follow GVERHOLEK's lead and keep the midge size in the 16-18 range down around the Church Shoals. That water moves a bit faster and you need to get their attention pretty quick.

The scuds I have been using are a size 16...They like pretty in pink too
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 PM

Default Friday Fish

Can't complain about the fishing on the lower Clinch. Lots of flies worked well for the three of us. All nice fish. The stars aligned today and the fish were acccepting of comprimised patterns and presentations. Certainly not a challenge for my fishing partners, but glad they let me come along. Monk
Old 07-21-2009, 08:13 PM

How about that article in Sunday's paper? Surprised I haven't seen anything about that yet....

Some people really rant about putting fishing reports on here, but that article in the paper I think will really bring in the crowds. I have had 3 people at work who don't normally trout fish tell me that they are going this weekend with corn in hand to try and get in on that action. Oh well.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM

It sucks, the article was written in my opinion to get publicity for the ORVIS fly shop. If they truly cared about fishing on the clinch they would of interviewed with the local fly shop (CR) or a local guide service, those are the people who know the clinch and get the daily reports. I did however like the picture of the guy high sticking below the weir. It never fails on the weekend if you drive by he is in that same hole high stick the you know what out of it. With that said there might be an influx on fisherman at the public access, but the drifters and private access boys will be okay .
Old 07-22-2009, 07:30 AM

Yeah, that was an add driven article...

Old 07-22-2009, 11:45 AM

I fished down by the church this morning, and there was not another person that I could see until around 10 so the pressure was not bad this morning but I guess most of the people that read that article are weekend only fisherman.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 PM

Most people have jobs and work during the week
Old 07-23-2009, 07:25 AM

Yeah I know, but what I meant is that it is not out of control just yet. I was on the caney fork last thursday and it was really crowded for a weekday.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:55 PM

I think Waterwolf has been talking to my wife. She seems to have the same objections to my dedication.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:29 PM

The weir was out of control this morning - on a Thursday...

Well, I am worn out after fishing 12 hours at about every wading spot on the river and not drifting...However, will be drifting tomorrow. I think we have the hatch dialed in after about 10 fly changes...