Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-28-2009, 08:20 PM

Default Fishing the Clinch Wide Open - Mihai and Jhorge

Well,
I just finished a five-day round-up of fishing the Clinch with fellow LRO Message Board Member Mihai and his friend Jhorge. Both are living in FL and from Romania. We fished about 5-8 hours each day and landed about 300 fish over their time in TN. Thankfully, the weather cooperated and so did the fish.

Mihai turned me on to a fly tool that I am absolutely in love with...this thing has saved me so much time and I will be buying it for gifts this Christmas.

I will add some pics to this post once I have them resized and uploaded...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 PM

Shawn, What a great time you guys maust have had. You were a good ambassador for your visitors. Plan to fish the Clinch on Friday. What did you learn from your bounty of trout and what can you teach us?
Monk
Old 07-29-2009, 07:20 AM

Hey I met two guys from Europe a couple of months ago up at the weir dam, and he was fishing with a really long fly rod looking thing. It was like 13 feet long, and he didnt cast it like a fly rod. He said thats what people fish with a lot in Europe . Is this the fly fising tool that you are talking about?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh10567 View Post
Hey I met two guys from Europe a couple of months ago up at the weir dam, and he was fishing with a really long fly rod looking thing. It was like 13 feet long, and he didnt cast it like a fly rod. He said thats what people fish with a lot in Europe . Is this the fly fising tool that you are talking about?
No, that was not it or them... Interesting topic though...

Mihai gave me a Cinch Tie Tool. I have a hard time changing flies. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to do this... With this tool; I can do it in less than a minute now and save my line too. I find it helps to make a very nice knot and keeps the tippet from teasing...Many of you may already use this; but, it is new to me and I absolutely love it...

Check out the video and see how easy it is to use. Note, he does leave a lot of wasted line on his video - I think it is just for demonstration purposes anyway...
http://www.cinchtie.com/New_Folder/PC030154.MOV

http://www.cinchtie.com/Cinch_tie_knot_tyer.htm
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Tags
clinch river