Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Exclamation Interesting Finds on The Clinch This Week!

I was fishing the Clinch Wednesday Morning with my nephew and noticed a fishing net underwater close to the shoreline. I had to jump in and pull the net out of the tangle. The net was a nice high-end retrieve net and there was a Williams Joseph Vest attached to it. The vest was loaded with all the nice gear and flies.

I became worried about what happened to the fisherman and started looking through the vest for identification. At last, I found his fishing license in the hidden pocket. I called his after finding his number on the phone-yellow pages. He was OK and had flipped his canoe the day before with his kids in it. They were being pushed by the generator and they lifted up on one of the shoals and flipped. He lost his rod, some tackle, vest, cooler, and a few other things. Some other boaters helped pull them all ashore and they picked up most of the floating stuff. TWRA was called about their canoe floating down stream and they snagged it. So, he ended up losing his fishing vest and rod in the end.

Well, I found his fishing vest and took it straight home. I took everything out and let it dry out. I dried each of his flies and put them nicely on a foam board so they would retain shape and not bleed on each other. He had about 200 flies and he said it was 10 years worth of flies.

OK, I was fishing yesterday morning on the Clinch and looked over and saw something flash. It was the gold logo on the fishing rod. I was able to lift the end of the rod up with my rod and retrieve it for him. I called him from the river and he could not believe it. It was about a half mile from where I found the vest.

I just thought this to be a very odd story that I found both of these items for him. He picked up his vest and flies already and I have his rod ready to give him after church Sunday.

Thought I would share and to remind you to please add your name and phone number to your tackle. I have found numerous fly boxes and I could not return them due to not having identification on them. Take a nail or dremel and scratch your name and number on the back of this stuff if you value it.

Then, you have to just hope an honest person finds it...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 08-08-2009, 09:14 AM

Need more people like you in the world, it would be a better place. good for you. What comes around goes around. I believe that works both ways.
Lynn
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 AM

Thumbs up Well done Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
Need more people like you in the world, it would be a better place. good for you. What comes around goes around. I believe that works both ways.
Lynn
I second that statement. Well done Shawn.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 08-08-2009, 01:21 PM

I would like to add a well done to you also. I lost a nymph box at Tellico
once. I had several dollors worth of flies in it and never got it back.
It took a while to replace what I had lost.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:29 PM

Very honorable indeed!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Shawn, You helped that guy pick up the pieces of a bad day on the river. You're a good man. Monk
Old 08-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Default +1

Shawn, I know you didn't post this story to get pats on the back, but let me dog pile on this one as well. Great job!! It's the actions a person takes, when they don't have to act, that set people apart. Well done.

I firmly believe that the more you help others, the richer your own life will become.

Pete

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05 PM

Thumbs up Ditto here!

Good Form Man.....excellent, good form.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Thanks friends! If you know me personally; you will know that I do not have the high-end fishing stuff or the great rods. I fish with what I have and make the best of it. It would hurt me to lose any of my stuff.

If you remember some of my old posts; I have posted Lost and Found stuff on here several times. I just wished the items had some ID so I could get them back to their owners.

Byron and I are discussing a neat idea to help with this problem and I hope we can make it happen shortly...

I have found floating fly boxes 3-4 times this year and I just go up the river asking each guy if they have lost anything and to kindly describe the box. Those have made it back to their owners.

To clarify most of all; my main worry was what happened to the guy whose stuff I was finding...

Materialistic things do not define me. If you have met me on the river; you will know that I will offer you flies, coffee, water, etc. to help you have a better day. I enjoy meeting people and having great conversation.

Most of all; I want people to enjoy meeting me and knowing me as a person! I enjoy meeting and learning from all of the LRO Members. I would like to fish with Waterwolf sometime. I think he is full of knowledge and experience and I would love to learn from him...

OK; off to watch a movie and a late dinner...

By the way; the dam-retention pool fished very well this evening at the 6pm shutoff. They destroyed my Klinkhammer Olive Patterns

to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 08-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Thumbs up

What a guy!!!
You are the type of person that i would like to fish with.hope to see you on the water.
Jose

Tags
id on equipment, lost & found