Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM

First and foremost I'm a member of another outdoor website that is covered up with folks that like to start little fires and watch them grow. I'm watching as that website slowly dies. Lets keep this one alive and happy.

Questioning a mans integrity is something best done in person. It happens less often that way!

30" Fish, in the ELK RIVER. NO WAY!

That's what everybody used to say to us as well. Until Mr. Jim Whoric caught one that was 30+ last year. They're there, you just have to first hook, then get one to camera or net.

I'll post a pic shortly!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Frack here..I'm just saying that is the shortest 23' rainbow I have ever seen. Sorry. Nice fish however.

On the Frack scale with a ruler. 241/2" PS. "it takes two hands to handle a whopper" PSS. That's the ruler hanging down off my vest.

19" Clinch Bow

Another Clinch bow. Circa 1988
Didn't even measure this one I was shaking so bad, but it wasn't 30".....but the guy on the shore that saw me release it said.."that's a nice un, big un"

So Pineknot...frack you!

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 08-24-2009 at 10:21 PM..
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 PM

On the subject of pictures. I was really disappointed with the lousy picture I took of that brown I caught recently. I mean that sucker was the biggest i've ever caught and in the picture it looks like a 2nd year stocker!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:08 PM

Love the Kype on that guy Flat! Nice Pic.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM

When you see the little "cm" on that side of the ruler it means centimeters. There are ~2.54 of those per inch.

GS
Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 AM

Hugh, please let me know when you have an open date in your boat. I will happily pay the cash so you can guide me on the Holston. If you think I am kidding please don't, I am dead serious. I want you to show me what is there as it is obvious that I have no clue how to fish the Holston for big fish.

Thanks for the responses they made me laugh this morning...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 AM

Mr. Flat,

Sorry I offended you! Those are pretty decent fish. My only concern is that posting pics of large fish supposely caught on the Clinch during the "Golden Years" will just add to the amount of anglers on this already crowded river.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM

Default Your offer

Waterwolf,
I'm going to take you up on your offer to take a guided trip if you will stipulate to my conditions. If you feel that you can't do it, I'll understand.
First of all, I am not doing float trips at the present time. I am still in the process of recovering from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma cancer and the Chemo really did some damage to the muscles and nerve endings in my feet, legs, and arms. I've really not had the energy to use the boat so far this year. I have only been doing wade trips. Because of the damage done to the feet and legs with those treatments, I have had to start using a wading staff for the first time in my life and I'm a little slower at manuvering in the water. No guide can guarantee that any client will catch fish so with that factor laid out to start with, here are my terms.
If I understood what you were saying about your shocking experience this year, you only turned up one fish that was over 21inches and none that was 24 inches. If you want to meet with me and do a wade trip, I'll be glad to do so. I do not want any money from you, but I will ask that if either of us catch a fish that is over the size of the largest fish that you shocked up that you will agree to stop bashing people on this board and show respect for all flyfishermen. If we have a bad day on the water, then we'll do it again. I will understand your work schedule and you will have to understand mine. This will just be between you and me and the camera. I am booked both days this weekend so we'll watch the generation schedule and work from there.

Hugh
Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Here's some pics of the Browns that don't exist in the Elk. Or at least that's what everybody says.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM