Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 AM

Default Apologies

A little reflection on my behalf this morning showed me that I have become increasingly bitter and mean spirited over the last little while. Why, I have no idea, but it probably stems from a multitude of factors on our area rivers and streams. Many of which there is no reason to elaborate on at this time. I do apologize for my nastiness and seemingly arrogant persona I have been projecting for a good while now. Those that know me best, know that is not really who I am and how my personality is in reality. I am opinionated, but not usually too big a jackass unless directly taken advantage of or treated poorly, none of which has happened here.

Moving forward I will do my best here to exhibit more of my true self and less of the nightmare which I appear at times to be lately. I have been blessed with a lifetime of experiences and knowledge of this sport over the last 20+ years and certainly can find better ways of using those tools to help and assist rather then discredit and rile.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 AM

You sir, have just done something very good that not many can or will do. I hope you and Hugh get to make that trip. I fear for the trout if you do. My highest regards. silvercreek
Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Now this is how one becomes relevant.

Thanks for the acknowledgment and the effort.

Gerry
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 AM

Waterwolf,

You probably wouldn't ever see things froms my perspective and maybe you still harbor anger towards me, but here is my explanation for my reactions in the past. Rest assured that I never intended to offend anyone but felt hurt and disappointed at certain times. I have no doubt offended and dissed others but never really meant it that way. I have made certain comments about a certain enterprise which I do stand by. However it is not proper to discuss on the internet. I also felt at the time that I was dissed and disrespected. No one is perfect and the way I look at it. Individuals who do things just to spite and be mean are the ones I don't have any use for.

With all that said. I don't hold a grudge nor do I think I'm always right. I do respect your honesty and braveness in your last post and maybe just maybe we can move past all this and go fishing.

I hope you are having a good fall fishing and lets talk fly fishing again.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 AM

Default Waterwolf....

Old 08-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Thank you, Jim.

Paula
Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 AM

No one is perfect; but some are perfect enough to admit it!

That quality will take you far in life Mr. Waterwolf
Old 08-26-2009, 02:25 PM

Waterwolf, I've known you for years and I hardly recognized you on this forum. You have always been helpful and willing to share any knowledge you have. Your apology is the real you. You can offer a lot of valuable fishing tactics to all of us. You are certainly a fine angler. I don't know anyone who outfishes you. Though it was many years ago, it was always a pleasure to run into you on the Clinch. I contine to wish you well. That Hardy reel you sold me, when you were probably 15, is still getting good use.
Monk
Old 08-26-2009, 03:20 PM

"Why we Hatin?"

Folks, I do not post that often but felt this needed it. I am a message board "lurker" and do not have a lot of time to post at work. When I get a few minutes I pull it up and look at the days posts. What I have been noticing here lately was a lot of venom and hostility towards each other. This needed to stop and quickly. I like to read about good times, good fish, and new adventures. If I wanted to squabble I would go to a UT message board and listen to the legions of the miserable.

Lets not forget folks that this is just FISHING. It is supposed to be relaxing and having a good time. Some of us who are relatively new to the sport need this board for instruction and advice. So lets bury the hatchet and move on.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 PM

"There are two kinds of light - the glow that illumines, and the glare that obscures." ~James Thurber

I'd say that was a very positive reflection... I know I need to practice more introspection - heck, that's why I fish in the first place... I look forward to more of your insights Waterwolf...

-Waterborn
(aka Jermz)