Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Good news, the bear has been found and he is OK. He has admitted fault in the accident and has agreed to pay for the other motorist's motorcycle. He has been cited by local police for failure to yield right of way and has an Oct 12 court date.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They have tried to reintroduce black bears in Big South Fork, hasn't worked to well. A few years back a private contractor hauling bears fro Ark to Mexico figured he could make more money by dumping them west of Nashville

Grumpy
One of the friends I talked about who saw one,was in the Bucksnort area west of Nashville near Buffalo river on some timber company land.
This was around 6 years ago I guess.The guy was on a 4wheeler coming out from deer hunting just before dark and the bear was sitting in the path right in front of him.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman View Post
Good news, the bear has been found and he is OK. He has admitted fault in the accident and has agreed to pay for the other motorist's motorcycle. He has been cited by local police for failure to yield right of way and has an Oct 12 court date.
Hmmm... Motorcycle strikes bear... Are there getting to be too many?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Kermit

Way to many motorcycles......what did that bear do to him?

I personally feel all the bikers should be relocated ...Florida maybe?

Im Just sayin......
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Kermit

JoeFred.....great maps also.

Thank you.

Ribbit............
Old 09-10-2009, 03:30 PM

JoeFred--I understand that there has been some talk, among Park bigwigs, about doing something to control noise pollution from motorcycles. It is definitely a problem, and few things frost my grits more than being on a trail a mile or two from 441 or Little River Road and still being able to hear that noxious and unneeded noise. Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 09-11-2009, 06:38 AM

Those loud pipes are the most annoying thing I have ever heard. I love getting out of the truck and having Joe Cool “open er up” right beside me because I have being doing the speed limit for a couple miles. I have had a couple motorcycles pass me in curves on Little River Road.

I can not decide which is worse; the guy with the “ape hangers” that has to be gassing it at every chance or the guy who has the semi loud pipes but can’t ride without listening to his radio.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Yeah they should probably enact some sort of regulation restricting the noise level and handing out tickets to the real loud ones. They could easily say it disturbs the wildlife. They probably would ticket me if I walked throught the back country shouting thru a megaphone at the bears lol. You can still be "cool" and ride the loud ones through gatlinburg and rev it so everyone will look at ya but it ain't cool at all out in the park. The fad really reminds me of the loud car stereos with the big bass playing rap speakers that seemed to be prevelant in the 80's - 90's but have died off albeit not altogether. It is all about attracting attention to yourself. Not really the style of most fly fisherman I think. I think the ultra loud bike fad will die off too eventually.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:43 AM

I have lost count of the number of fatalities on the dragon. Fly fishing is a lot safer, and quieter.