Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Default WNC Fly Fishing Expo

I might have missed the notice in this forum so I thought I'd remind everyone about the Fly Fishing Expo that will be held November 7 & 8th at the Western North Carolina Ag Center. 9 - 5 daily More details are available at : http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/index.php
Would be great to see everyone there............tight lines
Old 09-13-2009, 07:37 AM

Fearnofishbob--First I've heard of it. They have a pretty decent list of exhibitors lined up, but I found it troubling that it's less than two months away and there is no information about the program--seminars, special presentations, exhibits, etc. Who is the organizing body or individual behind the Expo? Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 AM

Jim, I'm not sure who is "ramrodding" this event. I will see if I can find out and let you know. This will be the first expo for this group so I imagine they are having some start up issues.......If I find out more I will let you know..Thanks Bob
Old 09-13-2009, 06:16 PM

I'll check with my friend who owns Waynseville Fly Shop he lives in asheville and probably knows

Barry Murphy
828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"
Old 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Carolina Boy--Thanks. This sounds like an event where there might be a speacking/participation opportunity for me, but until it appeared on this forum I had heard nothing about it.
Jim Casada
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rocketroy
Thumbs down Stealth Marketing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
Carolina Boy--Thanks. This sounds like an event where there might be a speacking/participation opportunity for me, but until it appeared on this forum I had heard nothing about it.
Jim Casada
Jim, It,s called "Stealth Marketing" The marketing info. is out there....you just have to really want to find it! The pitiful web page directs you to the top of the page,for details,but lacks same! I had to e-mail Jimmy Harris,to find out anything about it,and he is an exhibitor! Still don,t know whose gonna exhibit,and what will make me want to attend,and I,m hard core, and hopeful,when it comes to such events! First time may be the last,for these organizers! This F/F market is too small to tolerate such unfocused efforts.........somebody needs a BEEG wake up call up yonder! Good luck in hooking up with them,as a program giver! Regards, Rocketroy......... Now headed for the bunker!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 PM

Rocketroy--I am going to be a speaker (Roger Lowe and I will be appearing together) and I'll be in the Hunter Banks booth the rest of the time. I am a near nitwit when it comes to all this promotional stuff, Web presence, advertising, and the like, but maybe I can add a bit of insight. I do know the booth space is sold out, which augurs well from the standpoint of attendees having "stuff" to look at and perhaps buy.

I must also shamefully confess that I erred in saying, in a previous post, that I hadn't heard anything about it. As a matter of fact, I was invited to speak many months ago (although I didn't know the name was WNC Expo) and initially rejected the invitation because at that point I had plans to be pheasant/waterfowl hunting in South Dakota. That date was changed by a week and when I got in touch with Frank Smith he reminded me of the earlier invitation. Anyway, I'll be there.

This is a first-time event and you can expect some kinks. I just hope it does reasonably well because it is needed and could in time enjoy some to the same success of Troutfest on the Tennessee side. Incidentally, I plan to participate in Troutfest as well.

If any of you who visit this Forum attend the Expo, by all means look me up for a shake and a howdy.

Jim Casada
Old 10-15-2009, 03:13 PM

yep ! have already made plans to attend this expo. And Jim I hope to see you tonight at Jesse Browns and get my copy of the new book. I'm glad some alternative events have been planned. The Charlotte fly fishing show has been lacking the last few years. But the rodbuilders show in Highpoint has been doing great since the split.
Fishhead
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 AM

Will be there and will come chat with you of course!

Barry Murphy
828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"
Old 10-16-2009, 12:07 AM

I might stop by, depends on where I am fishing that weekend. If I am over that way I will most likely stop by and see some of my friends Plus I heard they are going to have a micro brewery tasting Saturday