Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Default Ted Myers

My sympathies to all the LRO family in the death of Ted Myers. He had become a unique fixture at the shop.
I was fishing Tuesday in the Smokies and was having a tough time and I thought about Ted. I've heard him say a couple of times, "If you're fishing in the Smokies, tie on something yellow. Even if it's not supposed to be a yellow season, that's what I use." I tied on something yellow and caught a trout.

Thanks, Ted. You will definitely be missed.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 10-03-2009, 02:17 PM

Wow, that's very sad news. My prayers go out to Ted's family, the folks at the shop and all who knew him.

Like Charlie said, Ted, you'll be missed.

Jeff
Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Very sad indeed. I really liked Ted. I bought my first fly rod and reel from him back in the mid 90s at Wynns. He was always glad to talk fly fishing, let you go outside behind the store and cast rods and answer any dumb question I had. He was an avid Smallmouth fly fisherman as well. We had lots of conversations and would always come talk to me whenever I would come into both Wynns and LRO. He will be much missed by all who knew him.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 AM

Ted was always open to helping others learn more about fishing. He forgot far more than I'll ever have time to learn in my remaining years. I'll always remember talking to him last Friday about stalking fish in the Park. He kept my flame of hope of the "big one" alive. We'll miss you Ted. I only wish we could have told you how much.
Jim Comish
Old 10-04-2009, 09:23 AM

Default Heavy Hearts

It was very sad to hear the news in the fishing report yesterday. While I was not a weekly or even monthly visitor to the LRO shop, it seems that every time I did visit Ted was there. He always helped me find what I needed and gave me some advice for my fishing trip. He will truly be missed by many.

To the LRO family and Ted's family, I wish there was more I could do or say, but know that my prayers are with you.

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:13 PM

I always think of an old Irish saying that my grandmother would use in times of someone's passing "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, and love leaves a memory no one can steal".
Old 10-04-2009, 08:03 PM

I miss Ted. We are all heartbroken. I loved him and everyone here loved him. There was not a kinder man. LRO will never be the same. If you want to pay your last respects here is the link to his obituary in the Mountain Press.

Byron

http://www.themountainpress.com/pages/full_story/push?article--Ted+Myers-%20&id=3817499--Ted+Myers-&instance=obituaries
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 AM

I am very sad to hear that Mr. Myers passed away. I talked to him several times at the store and found him to be a very nice man. On one particular occasion, I came in with my new puppy, a German Shorthair. Mr. Myers and I spent the next hour or so talking about bird hunting. I walked away with a lot more than whatever tying materials I came in for.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 AM

I also talked bird hunting with Ted on a couple of visits. He helped me with my first pair of wading boots, and helped me with my first "serious" flyrod purchase. He set up and spooled my reel, and gave me some casting pointers out back of the shop. He always remembered me although I stopped by only 2-3 times a year. The last conversation we had was about the history of Townsend and the old cove. You are missed my friend. My prayers go up for the family and friends, may God bless you all in the times ahead, Bran Midkiff.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM

I will indeed miss Ted, he also sold me my first serious fly rod and reel. He told me how to catch fish on the Clinch, he always had time to help. I will be praying for his family and friends.

Tom