Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-14-2009, 11:53 AM

JoelO,I've never heard the egg theory for trout jumping. Interesting. Usually jumping trout indicates they are chasing caddis as they emerge. Thanks for the info Monktrout. White96v6, you really need to give it a try. Like most of these folks i'm guessing, I started out spin fishing. Once I got my hands on a fly rod I was ruined forever.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
JoelO,I've never heard the egg theory for trout jumping. Interesting. Usually jumping trout indicates they are chasing caddis as they emerge. Thanks for the info Monktrout. White96v6, you really need to give it a try. Like most of these folks i'm guessing, I started out spin fishing. Once I got my hands on a fly rod I was ruined forever.
Same here. I was heavily into the bass tournament scene, now I have 8 Castaway rods with Shimano reels collecting dust in my closet. Not to mention the hundreds of dollars worth of crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and soft plastics that just take up space in my garage.

Flyfishing is addictive, and it is only as expensive as you let it become.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 10-14-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Probably to learn more about it...
I'll run all questions past you first from now on.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95v6 View Post
well i joined for the vast knowledge of trout and the trout streams in TN. not sure if i am ready to join the Fly fishing world yet. i spend way too much money on toys as it is. lol.
I'll be 19 at the end of this month, and I did it on my own. I've heard that when you get a fish on, it's a thrill unlike any other. And it definitely is. I've been fly fishing without looking back for just over a year now, and it's been one of the best years of my life. I've caught larger fish consistently, and BOY does it feel good on the long rod! I had a 12ish inch rainbow that felt huge, but it was just the rod.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Same here. I was heavily into the bass tournament scene, now I have 8 Castaway rods with Shimano reels collecting dust in my closet. Not to mention the hundreds of dollars worth of crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and soft plastics that just take up space in my garage.

Flyfishing is addictive, and it is only as expensive as you let it become.
Same here, you oughta see the look on a kids face when you hand him one of those outfits & tell him it's his I found a group of local high schooler's that had formed a fishing club & selectively gave my stuff to the ones that needed it the most, felt better than trying to sell it for a nickel on the dollar

Grumpy