Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 02-25-2010, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5

I believe he is just as justified in thanking him for not naming the stream as you are in your opinion.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineman19 View Post
WNCFLY,

I hate to be rude, but I don't think you have spent that much time on this forum. Information has been shared on this board for years, even on the old version that existed before the current one. As long as long as posts do not become overly confrontational, offensive, etc. pretty much anything goes. As far as I know, you're not a moderator, so your opinion counts for the same as the rest of us. Other boards have different policies on sharing information and that is fine if that's what the owner of the board supports.

Frankly, I don't need an infrequent poster like yourself trying to influence my posting or others. To be honest, I don't share as much information as I used to on the Park, but that's my decision. I don't tell others not to post info and never will.

I understand your concern about fishing pressure in the Smokies. Things have changed a lot in the last 12 years or so that I have been fishing these streams. I have walked several miles a few times in the last few years to find that someone is already fishing that water, it sucks, but I just have to walk further or find another alternative. The world has changed in many ways and not all for the good, but that's life. Either adjust or not, but telling other people what or what not to do isn't kosher IMHO. We are all in same position, it's a matter of enjoying the sport and making the best of what is.

Neal
Pineman I never said that you can't give up secret places on this forum. Its not my place to begin with. That is up to the owners of the forum to stop it if they so choose. All I did was thank the original poster for not openly blabbing the name of a very special speck stream. I guess I do take offense to people sharing isolated streams on a public forum. I know some people on here have no problem doing it whether it be for personal reasons or financial as well. I am what you would call a local and have never found any of these creeks by a forum or book. I was lucky enough to have a father and grandfather pass the information down to me. I would be more than willing to share the stream in this discussion or any other speck stream through PRIVATE emails. Again, I have as much right to thank a board member for not giving up a location, as you do to chastise me for doing so. I do apologize for my getting a little irritated over this. I just want to make sure that these last remaining "gems" are safe for generations to come. To be quite frank, it's not the people on here I am worried about. It is the poacher or guy that abuses the rules reading this forum and taking a trip up there. The creek that is being talked about here is not that hard to access. If you are in somewhat good health and can make a steep 2 mile walk up hill, you are in there. I know that the headwaters are very hard to get to, but the middle section is very special as well.

Last edited by WNCFLY; 02-26-2010 at 06:38 AM..