Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Default Fly Tying Videos + Trout Videos

The link below is the website for the program Seasons on the Fly which airs on the Outdoor channel and Verses. The show has some fantastic fly tying videos which covers the beginner to the expert fly tying enthusiast. I DVR all of their shows each week and watch and learn a lot about fly fishing. This program can be just as addictive as going out and fly fishing your favorite river or stream. I fished an area last Thursday 70 miles north of Nashville called Bob White Springs. This place will give one the opportunity to learn how to land some monster trout in a confined area of a creek that this guy has dam up at the foot of a rock buff that pours out 3000 gallons of spring water every minute. I fished for about an hour and half and caught browns, rainbow and steelhead. It gave me some experience in playing and landing a large fish which I had never accomplished. We are talking about trout weighting in at 9 lbs and bigger. I figured this experience would come in handy when I do tie into a big brown on the Caney.

http://www.seasonsonthefly.com/index.htm

http://www.bobwhitesprings.com/
Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 PM

Do they have the Atlantic Salmon, I heard about, in there still?

Also, what is the difference between a rainbow trout and a steelhead according to them?

GS
Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 AM

He didn't mention salmon---he told me that the steelhead is in the trout species.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 AM

Skipjack, I'm confused. The web site does not say where Bob White Springs is. The article says Only, Tn in Hickman County. That's west of Nashville not North. Where did you go. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the information.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:52 AM

Default skipjack

Sorry for the confusing, I was in a hurry when I completed the post last night. You are right it is Northwest of Nashville----but he does not list the directions because he told me that he prefers to screen his clients instead of having numbers of individuals show up to fish. You can only fish by appointment. You will need to call him or email him to set up a time and day to fish. The unique thing about this place is the fact you not only catch some monster trout but you get to see how the trout reacts to your fly on the take. He only allows individuals who use a fly rod to fish the area and you must release all fish. Once you enter the steel gate at the property you kind of enter another world of lush forest and land that has been untouched. He really has an interesting place and he loves what he does. The water is absolutely crystal clear and you are in water that is knee deep the whole time you are fishing which is 55 degrees year all. Just remember you are going to be fishing in a confined area so you see the trout and you know you are going to land a trout any time you cast. My largest that day was a 9 lb steelhead ---and I went off the wall when I hook that fish, it took me a while to land her but it gave me experience in fighting and landing a large fish. I caught numbers in the range of 3 to 7 lbs. If you do decide to go and fish there please mention I referred you and I get to fish free the next time I go. The same thing will happen for you if you refer someone and they go and fish ----you fish free your next trip. Just tell him Bill referred you and I fished on Oct. 8th Thursday afternoon. There is a link at the bottom of his website which explains how he got started and all the info about the place, really interesting. Hope you get a chance to go. I will post some pics later today of the some of the fish I caught there.

http://tnhomeandfarm.com/index.php?/...nly_way_to_fly