Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-24-2009, 07:42 AM

Default clinch help

can anyone tell me how hard it would be to paddle a canoe up river after the flow of one generater running reaches the peach orchard area...... i was thinking of putting my canoe in at peach orchard on sunday and fishing till the flow reaches that area....is the fishing better up river or down river from peach orchard... i generally wade the church area but the last two times i was at the church the fishing was very slow....any help would be greatly appreciated thaxs .....dan
Old 10-24-2009, 09:25 AM

fishingman62,
The fishing is great at Peach Orchard. You will want to drift down about 500 yards to Johnston Shoals. You can pull your canoe off to the right and wade the various shoals. However, it is usually occupied early on the weekends with a few other fellas. So, getting there early would be great.

It is fairly easy to paddle back up on one generator in a canoe if you are in average shape.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 10-24-2009, 01:53 PM

thanks for the insight shawn i have never fished the peach orchard area but have heard from cal it is good area to float i've seen many of your post and if you ever need someone to float with i would gladley accept the invite thaxs again for your help ...dan