Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-01-2010, 12:21 PM

Default Prayers Answered

I thank you all for your prayers. The Lord called my grandmother home at a little after 3 am this morning. My mom and I were with her and she went in peace. In fact there was an incredible sense of peace when she passed from this life to the next.

All is well. I just wanted to let you all know your prayers were answered and once more say how much I appreciate it.

I am sad this morning, but what happened is for the best.

2010 is going to be a great fishing year.

Jeff
Old 01-01-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnles1 View Post
I thank you all for your prayers. The Lord called my grandmother home at a little after 3 am this morning. My mom and I were with her and she went in peace. In fact there was an incredible sense of peace when she passed from this life to the next.

All is well. I just wanted to let you all know your prayers were answered and once more say how much I appreciate it.

I am sad this morning, but what happened is for the best.

2010 is going to be a great fishing year.

Jeff
Jeff--Feel blessed that her passing was peaceful; hold fast to a wonderful storehouse of memories; know that her example and her influence will always be with you; and remember the good times. She will repeatedly come to mind, in the months and years to come, at the most unexpected of times, and when they occur it will be a bright and shining spark lighting your day and brightening your way. Jim Casada
Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM

She is in the arms of the angels. God Bless you all. Respectfully, Silvercreek
Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Jeff,
I know today is a sad one.

I hope you can rejoice in the thought that you will always have her in your heart and one day you shall join her in Heaven if it is God's Will!

I found this quote for you bud and I hope you can read it with content.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 01-01-2010, 03:16 PM

True peace is all any of us really can hope for in this world. I pray for it for your family today as I know you miss your grandmother already, I know I've missed my grandparents and loved them dearly.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Jeff

I pray that you will find peace in your grandmother's passing...and know that you will reunite with her, joyously, in paradise. She'll be waiting for you with outstretched arms.

Paula
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 AM

My grandmother's funeral was today. All went perfectly in spite of the cold and snow. I played a few Gospel standards on my old Martin guitar and she rang loud and true. My grandmother used to love it when I brought that guitar over to play a few songs for her. All of her family are / were musicians. My late grandfather played guitar in a band. Sometimes, I would play some old song that he used to play and I'd look at her and there would be tears in her eyes. I'm glad I got to play for her one last time.

As the old song says, "it is well with my soul.".

Thanks again everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Jeff
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 AM

Default Daily

Jeff,

I am glad we can say that we will see them again some day. My grandparents left this life a long time ago, but I carry a piece of each of them with me every day. And, the memories of time shared with them is sweetened by the passing of time.

God bless,

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Jeff, It is a great day when one can say it is well with my soul! I lost my 97 year old Grandmother in November of last year. I hope that it brings you comfort to realize that the two of them are at the feet of Jesus saying "Tell us more!!!" Take care and may God bless you and your family at this time of loss. flyguys.