Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Default New waterproof camera

There is a new waterproof camera out. It is a Agfa Photo DC 600. It's only 6meg, but it is waterproof to 10 meters and uses AA batteries. Anyone know anything about the performance of this thing. I'm not expecting top notch performance, just something to take a pic or two without worrying about ruining it if it takes a bath.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM

buy an olympus 2 different models @ 250-350 $
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 PM

Silvercreek,
I just recently purchased an Olympus Stylus Tough-6000. I love it. Its small, light and easy to use. waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, and freezeproof. Practically indestructable. Its 10mp with 3.6 zoom. It also has a super macro mode that lets you shoot as close as 3/4" from the object. Its a great feature if you want to snap some close up shots of some aquatic insects. Its $290 if you buy it brand new, but i found a store on ebay that sells the Olympus factory refurbs "B" class, and got mine for 150. I inquired to olympus as to what that exactly meant, and they told me that most of the time its where someone buys one and then returns it to the store, but the store cant sell it so they send it back to olympus, they check it out, repack it in one of their boxes and resell it. They come with a 90 day olympus full replacement warranty too. Im very pleased so far with mine. You get a **** of a deal on a **** of a camera.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:00 AM

I just upgraded from a Pentex Optio W30 to a Pentex Optio 80. Good water proof
camera. Takes great pictures. If I knew how to do it I would post some pictures here.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 AM

Thanks guys for the replies, especially the tip from Bredmon. I've heard good things about both Pentax and Olympus cameras. I just saw this Agfa for $100 at Wally World. Couldn't find any reviews for it so I thought I would give the forum a shot.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:45 AM

No prob silvercreek. The name of the ebay store is wegotbetterdeals. Or you can just type in Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 into the search bar and get several pages. Check back in the next day or two in the Flyfishing in Other States thread, im gonna do an update report on trammel and give a link to my photobucket album. There are alot of pics in there that i took with that camera. The others are taken with either my cell or our good non-waterproof camera. I took it along one day. I never would before because i was too afraid i would dunk it and get it good from the boss lady when i got home, you what i mean. I only took once and sure enough i almost dunked it, hence the new camera. I got mine through auction but that store has them for buy it now for like 180 i think. Its olympus's first step below their top of line waterproof. The only diff. is the 6000 is 10mp and the 8000 is 12mp, i think.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:19 AM

Principal, if you go to the website and message board section of the forum (next section after photogaphy) you'll see a sticky explaining how to do it. I posted a couple of pics of a midge pattern I tie. Took me a couple of false starts, but if I can do it, it is pretty much possible for anyone. Silvercreek
Old 11-22-2009, 10:11 AM

principle, put your pics on photobucket and then copy the img and post here in a reply and your pics should show up immediately. Do a preview post before acutally submitting it and you can see if they are going to show up.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks Silvercreek, I'll give her a try. I am pretty challenged when it comes to the
technology stuff.