Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 PM

Byron thanks for your input. I really like that you came in and gave this information. You are definately the man who could get any rod of your choice and knowing what you carry really makes me feel good about the products that are out there. Thanks to you and LRO was where I was first introduced to my winstons and to know that you also put a great trust in these other companies really means alot. Thanks once again for your imputs.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Byron

Very well said, i won't even begin to complain about the filler coming out of the cork on a few of my $700 rods(different brands)
I still think it's a shame that the wine industry gets 1st pick on top grade cork & fly rods are 2nd or 3rd for it

Grumpy
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Thumbs up

Great point grumpy. I thought on Byrons post last night and something he said made alot of since. The companies that put back into our sport and supports it really opens another catagorery to look at. I never really look at it from that side but putting back into something is as important as building the best. Take LRO for example, how many of us simply shop and enjoy LRO for what they contribute back. Like this forum, little river journal, free shipping and trout fest. Because of their dedication to our sport and our needs we support them. Well the same can be said for these different tackle companies. Byron thanks for helping me smell the coffee and see that. And thanks for all you, paula and daniel do for this great sport and your customers.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 PM

plateauangler, what length and weight rod are you referring to in your post. I am just interested.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:18 PM

Grumpy,

If you're right about the wine industry, I'm definitely going to screw top and box in protest!

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 11-25-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred06 View Post
plateauangler, what length and weight rod are you referring to in your post. I am just interested.

I've actually got three of them. The one I use the most and prefer for most of my fishing is a 9' 5 weight. The rod is an older model from before they upgraded the series years ago. I've also got a 3 and a 4 weight and love both of them as well. The four weight isn't as good as the 3 or 5 though in my opinion...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 11-26-2009, 09:26 AM

Heck Byron, 112,000 miles. It's just getting broken in.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Default For FlyRed06

FlyRed06,
I bought a 8 wt 9 ft fli this last spring, and a 7 wt 9' fli for my 15 year old daughter. We have been catching redfish all year with them and they have been great rods. I have caught over 40 redfish since July on mine, and it has performed superbly. I would like to know if anyone has any feedback on a 5wt fli?

John
Old 11-26-2009, 08:21 PM

Well I am also wanting to know if anyone has any experience with the st. croix avid rods. I like slower rods and though about looking at on of these in a 4wt for bluegill fishing small streams here in bama land.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:01 PM

Default Avids

I have 3 Avids, and I'm pretty happy with them. They're smooth, moderate action, very comfortable to cast. They can handle a dropper very well, though I'm completely capable of tangling the leader, regardless of the rod.

I've been curious about the Imperial. Faster, right?

steve