Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Troutfest

Old 12-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

I know I am not a fan of a store that big to me it's just going to bring in a lot more people to the National Park that already gets to many visitors in my opinion on more than several occasions I have went to the park to hike,fish,camp, etc and have had to pick up someones trash. My hiking group hiked up to Ramsey Cascades and we picked up several water bottles, a cigarette pack, a frisbee, a single flip flop and some other trash.

I am not saying that N.O.C. will bring people that will toss trash in the park but I am saying I am not a fan of a place that wants to prosper by having hoards of people visit. I'm not a fan of crowds nor a fan of huge so called box stores. I love their place in Wesser N.C and have rafted there, but just don't like the idea of the store in Gatlinburg.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:24 AM

Yes, I meant Nantahala Outdoor Center. I agree with Jim that the personable employees and reputation of LRO will keep business booming as usual. I do, however, worry about the small local shop in Gatlinburg(Smoky Mountain Angler). I have heard that they are currently in the process of changing owners. I like not having a big fly shop near here. It makes it much easier to hit Ramsey or other local streams without fighting for a hole to fish. Regardless of what businesses come and how close they are to me I will remain loyal to LRO. I don't see anyone ever beating the combination they have of great employees, variety of products, and product price.