Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Default Greetings from Georgia

Hello all,

I am a relative newbie to the addiction of fly fishing. I moved to GA from IN about three years ago, and have become hooked (pun intended!). I am fortunate to be located close to such great year round trout fishing, although I don't really prefer summertime fishing all that much.

I've got my first trip to the Smokies in about a year and a half coming up Saturday and can't wait to get out there and do some hiking/fishing. Maybe I'll run into one of you while I'm out there.

Jeff
Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Jeff--In the Smokies you'll be wading streams of wonder and fishing in some of the most beautiful trout water anywhere. The place is truly the backside of heaven. Welcome to the forum. Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 11-23-2009, 12:07 PM

Jim, I totally agree with your sentiments. I've been visiting ever since I was a little kid. I still have fond memories as a youngster of our family trips (usually twice a year) to the park.

The thing is, that when I decided to take a job in Atlanta, I thought to myself, "I'm only gonna be about 3 hrs from the Smokies! I'm gonna get to go more often?!" Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case due to work/home improvements/work, and oh yeah did I mention work! I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel to some truly wonderful places (i.e. Yellowstone and Grand Tetons), but my heart still brings me back to those hills in E. Tennessee. I haven't looked forward to a trip to the Smokies like I have this one coming up in a long time...
Old 11-23-2009, 03:59 PM

Welcome. From georgia you will have lots to talk about I am sure. There seems to be a lot of us alabama boys going over there fishing all the time. Once again welcome and glad to have you.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 PM

Max,

Welcome to the board. Sometimes folks have to remind those of us who live 30 minutes from the Smokies how blessed we are. Best of luck this weekend - cold water ahead!

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 11-25-2009, 11:23 AM

Welcome to the board, Jeff. Hopefully you will get some fishing done around here before too long!!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

Jeff welcome to the message board this is a great place to get/share some good tips and stories. I am curious where will you be this weekend I will be backpacking/fly fishing on Bradley Fork, both Friday and Saturday.

The weather isn't looking all that great on Friday, Saturday looks better I do hope you catch some fish it's been slow, no matter what enjoy the beauty. I have been visiting the Smokie's ever since I was a kid and I swore one day I'd live here I am very thankful to be 23miles from the park boundary.