Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 11-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Default waders

i broke down and bought new waders-my old ones were heavy and leakey-- my old ones were 15 years old--i could not believe my new waders--they were light,they fit well,and were comfortable-i'd seen the ad's on waders-didn't pay much attention to them--but i'm a born again wader-i did not realize there was so much positive,technology,in waders-
Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I just bought a new pair and they are light years ahead of the ones I had been using for 14 years now. It is amazing how the technology of things have come along but thank goodness someone found it in waders.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 AM

Which ones did you guys get?

Jeff
Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 AM

I personally got some Dan Baileys. BUt some of the new Simms and Choatas are very nice also. I really like the Dan Baileys though and they were a few $$ cheaper.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred06 View Post
I personally got some Dan Baileys. BUt some of the new Simms and Choatas are very nice also. I really like the Dan Baileys though and they were a few $$ cheaper.
+1 on the Dan Bailey waders! Simply an awesome wader at an outstanding price!!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM

Default The "Cloudveils" aren't...

...bad at all either. I bought a pair on closeout at LRO last year after my Simm's began to leak around the feet. Funny thing was that the Cloudveils also leaked so I sent them in and upgraded to their 8 X waders. They are a great design with several pockets, a built in belt and gaiters. With all that's attached, I don't get streamside having to wonder whether I left anything home, less to have to remember, more to simply enjoy...and they are tough yet lite.

Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM

Default reply

I,, like flyred06 opted for the Dan Basiley's because of price mostly-would like to have a pair of Simm's,wonder if they justify their high price.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight
Default Simms 219.00

How much are decent stocking foot breathable waders supposed to be? Simms Freestone stockingfoot waders 219.00 I was using 3mm neoprene from Cabelas I didn't know any better and they were 49.00. I have been up over logs,rocks,trees,roots, been out 15 times or so no problems yet. Their warranty seems really good as well. I am curious how much are those DB waders?

Last edited by spotlight; 11-25-2009 at 11:47 PM..
Old 11-26-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight View Post
How much are decent stocking foot breathable waders supposed to be? Simms Freestone stockingfoot waders 219.00 I was using 3mm neoprene from Cabelas I didn't know any better and they were 49.00. I have been up over logs,rocks,trees,roots, been out 15 times or so no problems yet. Their warranty seems really good as well. I am curious how much are those DB waders?

I've had the Simms Freestones for about 3 years now. I bought them used from a guy on another forum and he said they were a year or so old then.

I've fished mine hard over this time and so far, they don't leak. I average about 150 days a year on the water and about 30 to 40 of those days, I wear waders. The Simms are the only ones I own so they have been used hard but never put up wet .

Jeff