Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 12-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Default Hello All

I have been reading the posts on this site on and off for a long time. Figured I have finally gotten enough experience in the rivers that I may actually be able to contribute something. There is such a wealth of knowledge that it can be a bit overwhelming, but you all make everyone seem so welcome.

Bit about me...been fly fishing for 9 or 10 years now. It is just about my favorite thing in the world to do (Hopefully my wife wont see this). Unfortunately, just like eveyone else, with my real job and running a Hot Sauce company, I dont get to do it often enough.

I will fish just about any water, but my passion is "hunting" for the wild ones. I love going places other people aren't willing to go to catch wild brookies..blending into their world and trying to trick them for just a quick look and then back they go.

I have plenty more opinions, but I don't suppose its worth laying it all out at once.

Thank you all for keeping such a good board going and I hope that I can contribute and maybe share a stream with you some day.

John Lunn
Noonan
Old 12-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Welcome, Noonan.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Welcome to the board Noonan! Looking forward to your post.

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."
Old 12-10-2009, 04:15 PM

Hello John, look forward to tapping some of that experience you have. Jump in with both feet!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM

John--a hearty welcome. You'll find this an informative and, for the most part, congenial forum. Also, there's a great deal of accumulated wisdom just waiting to be tapped. Incidentally, I share your passion for getting to mountain trout (I can't, as a son of the Smokies, bring myself to call them brookies, although specks or natives works fine), not only for the beauty of the fish but the remoteness of the places where they are found. I must confess that from time to time I admire them in a bit different fashion--dressed in cornbread dinner jackets. For the most part though, I turn them loose.
Jim Casada
Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 PM

Welcome Mr.Lunn,
Feel free to post your ideas and questions. Try to not be deterred by the few sassy people on the board. Most of us love the sport and want to share our passions with others.

I look forward to learning from you too...
SM
to choose, to respond, to change.”