Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Why We Fly Fish

Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 PM

Your brother is my hero also. Sorry for your loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Administrator

AC...

I am so saddened for your loss. Your brother was a hero...and while it is, I am sure, cold comfort...please know that there are people who are appreciative of his sacrifice and the sacrifice of your entire family in order that we remain free; I am one of them.

He is in God's hands now...and I will pray for all of your family that you will be able to take comfort in that.

Paula
Old 02-03-2010, 08:10 AM

Default A true hero

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Be assured that you and the family will be in our prayers.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM

I hate I never got to meet your brother, I am sure I would have liked him. When I hear the words "as a grateful nation" at a service member's funeral it always reminds me of the sacrifices that have been made for us as a nation. Your brother was among the finest of the best among us. I am sure he was very proud of his service as an elite Special Forces soldier. Rest assured his military family grieves for him and will miss him as well. Your brother and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, and love leaves a memory no one can steal"

Last edited by flyman; 02-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Genetics have been cruel to me
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Our nation is stonger for your brother's sacrifice. He must have been a very special person to step up and volunteer for such service. I know this must create a void in your life that nothing will ever fill. You and your extended family will be in my prayers.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 AM

AC- As with everyone that reads this thread and thinks about family and friends that have served in the military, know that our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family especially his children. Nobody knows the pain you feel, but God is always next to you and in your heart. He will reveal himself to you in time. Your brother was a true hero and patriot and obviously loved serving his country, and our country is better because of people like him.
True brothers can never be seperated and next time you are doing an activity (flyfishing, camping). Know that he is with you. You probably have one of the toughest angels in heaven looking out for you.
Sorry again for your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.
Let your LRO family know if there is anything we can do for you.
-Ben
Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Aaron,
I'm at a total loss for words. I'm usually not a very emotional guy but I'm not one bit ashamed to admit that tears are dripping off the end of my nose as I type this.

One My friend's son was hurt in Iraq while serving his second tour as a Marine and my best friend's daughter has her fiance in Afghanistan right now serving as a scout sniper for the USMC.

I've known both of these kids since they were in diapers and they are as much my children as my own son is.

I can't even begin to imagine you pain.
As sad as I am right now and multiply that by several thousand times and I'd probably be coming close to what you're feeling on a good day.

Please tell his family that there is at least one hillbilly here in Kentucky that is actively praying for them and who is deeply appreciative of your brother's service and sacrifice.

I sincerely wish I could turn back time a couple weeks and make this not have happened but that cannot be done.

Please do know we're praying for you and your family. Please also know that through your words here, your brother's life and ultimate sacrifice has touched many hearts here.

Jeff Sluder
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 PM

May God bless you and your family for your loss. I hate to hear of a soldier getting killed in battle. But his work over there isn't forgotten. I for one always keep them in my thoughts and prayers they are our true heros.

STU