Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Default Howdy all.

The name is Ed. I live just outside of Mobile, AL. I'm a retired pilot fighter now for a number of years, so all I do is hunt and fish. You don't know what fishing is, until you find yourself in one of those famous jubilees we have here in the gulf.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums here. Trying my best to figure out where I can get in the best fishing come April, when we come up to the cabin we have rented over on the Cosby Highway. My main concern is the ease of getting into a stream that has a few decent fish, because I'm walking on a fake leg now after having a below the knee amputation back in June. Just got my new leg a few weeks ago, but my walking again after 7 months is getting better each day. Will probably just be using a cane a little to get around by the time we get to the Smokies.

Anyways, nice to meet all you fine folks.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Tightlines--First and foremost, thanks for your service to our country. Turning to the matter of fishing, given the physical situation you describe, I have a few suggestions. Cosby Creek would be one, and another would be the lower reaches of the Park portion of the West Prong of the Little Pigeon River (immediately below and above the (Sugarlands Visitor Center. On upstream along Hwy. 441, where the name changes to Walker Camp Prong, there are some easily accessible and fairly flat stretches as well. They are visible from the road. Quite different in nature but also possiblilites would be Little River (depending on water flow) and fishing around Tremont. I've stuck to the Tenn. side, but if you are interested in N. C. info, I'll add some more.
Finally, welcome to the Forum!
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 02-02-2010, 08:07 PM

To further Mr. Casada's senitiment thank you so much for your sacrifice. Let me be the first to say (and I am sure the offers will come flying) that it would be an honor to fish with you and show you around come April. Plenty of info here you have come to the right place take care

Barry Murphy
bmurphy055@gmail.com

Barry Murphy
828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
"Healing Those Who Serve"
Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Welcome Ed! I also would like to express my gratitude to you for your service to our country. If you will send me an email with your mailing address, I will send you a few flies (my ragged creations) that you might find useful when you make the trip in April. I would deem it an honor to do so.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 PM

Talking

Welcome Ed!

Thank you so much for your service and sacrifice to The United States of America! It is great people like you that have given me so many freedoms.

I am not that familiar with the Smokies fishing, but; I would offer my time to come up and help you get anywhere you want to fish. The fishing I have done there is very treacherous and physically tasking. Also, you are more than welcome to come up to the Clinch and drift the Clinch with me during your visit. I can handle everything. Save my email address and shoot me a note if you would like to take me up on any of my offers.

Anything I can do to help a great man! BTW, my grandfather lost his leg on D-Day and I can only imagine how hard things can be at times.

Give me a shout bud and I will do the best to help you with any of your needs. My only request would be that you may have to tell me a few of your military stories...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Good evening to you Ed,
The deepest of respect to you from another veteran, (Vietnam). Cocke County is my original home and Cosby Creek was just a short distance from where I grew up. Let me offer my help to you so you can become aquainted with some fishable parts of this stream as a courtesy to you. You can tell me some good war stories and I tell you about catching those beautiful trout. When you get settled in and the weather looks decent, just click on my website address underneath my signature and my website will come up. It has my phone number on it and I'll give you some great help at getting started.
Hugh
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM

HAHAHA. Y'all are reading it wrong, it says pilot fighter, not fighter pilot. Means I was always butting heads with the pilots. I was in Aviation Ordnance. Loved playing with my bombs and bullets for the aircraft. Thank all of you for the welcome.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Me and my dyslexia! Oh well, my offer still stands Ed.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 PM

Welcome to the board!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightLines View Post
HAHAHA. Y'all are reading it wrong, it says pilot fighter, not fighter pilot. Means I was always butting heads with the pilots. I was in Aviation Ordnance. Loved playing with my bombs and bullets for the aircraft. Thank all of you for the welcome.
Still a vet eh...?
to choose, to respond, to change.”