Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Default Eagle Creek

I am in the process of planning a trip to Eagle this year and would appreciate any information regarding the stream and ideal camping areas. I have read the guide books by Casada, Kirk, Rutter and Lawerence, but would appreciate any other information as to fishing, flies, and things to see or to avoid.

My general plan is to do a three day trip from the Marina, fishing Eagle and on up high into Gunna Creek. If I have time, I would like to hike up to the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and see the view down into Cades Cove. I understand there are the remnants of an old fire tower near there.

If you would like for the information to be confidential, feel free to email me at MBridges@dobsonlaw.com
Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 PM

The intersection at the AT is at spence field. I have been up there many times but don't know and haven't seen remnants of a fire tower. It is a pretty grassy bald area with a shelter. The view into cades cove is a lot better at rocky top but thats about a mile east on the AT from spence field. It might be a good haul up from down at eagle creek but I haven't done it from there.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM

It's been about 10 years but we hiked up from Cades Code on Anthony Creek Trail and spent the night at the Shelter at Spence Feild. Then the following day we hiked down Eagle Creek Trail and camped at two of the of the campsites along the way down to the lake. Fishing was your typical smoky mountain fishing and was good all along the creek and is really pretty up high. Once down to the lake, we hiked the lake trail over to the ****. It was a great trip. Nothing spectacular but we didn't see a soul after leaving the thru hikers at the shelter.

Last edited by gmreeves; 03-08-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Sent you an snail mail MBB. Not sure if it went through. 3 of us will be up there in may. Email me if you have any ? edmondselectric@bellsouth.net