Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Default Improved Map: Abrams, Twentymile, Parson & Tabcat Creeks, etc. & Tribs

The original Little Tennessee River Drainage system map has been split into LTR "west" and "east" maps and are now available for viewing. The West map is shown below. A later version will include topo contours and other features.

Last edited by JoeFred; 09-07-2010 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Changed free download back to PDF
Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 AM

Joe Fred--Once again, stellar work.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM

Great work once again Fred! I can't wait to see these when you get the contours in them. I wonder if you could do a really detailed map of just a particular watershed such as hazel creek and put in all kinds of useful stuff such as creek crossings, side branches, water falls, and maybe points of interest like the ritter mill ruins, cemeteries, old home sites, etc. Now that would be taking it down to a very detailed level and I am sure would be mighty difficult...
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Thanks, Crockett. Coincidently I am working on such a really detailed map. I wish I could say it is Hazel Creek, but I've yet to be fortunate enough to explore that great area. I have chosen Porters Creek. In addition to its many virtues (Class A stream, waterfalls, cemeteries, old home sites, massive trees, etc.) it is a stream I took my "boys" on last year and, because of my misconceptions about its meandering relative to the trail, wasted a bunch of their fishing time.

I plan to have the map ready for my booth at Troutfest. It will be highly legible on 11x17, will have all the contours and... shaded relief. Learning to do the latter took some time, but it makes a huge difference.

JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 03-11-2010 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 AM

Wow that will be great! I will definitely be by your booth Fred. How much are you selling those for? Well now you have a good reason to do some detailed exploration of every watershed so you can keep those type of maps coming out too.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 PM

Crockett, don't hold me to it, but I looking to hand them out free with an inivitation to visitors to sign up to be notified when the full-size printed system maps become available.

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang.

JoeFred

Last edited by JoeFred; 03-11-2010 at 10:54 PM..
Old 03-11-2010, 09:37 PM

I'll be looking forward to your Porters Creek map, I've had a couple of nice days on Porters, but have never gone too far up. Sometimes a little good information can make the difference between a great afternoon of fishing and a tough day. (Although a bad day in the park is much better than my best day at work) Thanks for the great maps.
Tad
Old 03-12-2010, 08:00 AM

Default Pigeon River

I pulled up the map on your link. I'm impressed....however, I did notice that Pigeon is spelled wrong on the map. You must spend a lot of time in the park to put together a detailed map like that. Thanks for sharing. I'll be at Troutfest, maybe get time to visit.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Thanks, Knothead. I corrected. This reminds me of a time when the family was processing butchered hogs on the farm in Bulls Gap. This B+ in English high schooler jumped at the job on the line of labeling the cuts bound for the "Deepfreeze" leaving the dirty work to my siblings. I'm nothing if not consistent... I labeled every stinkin' sausage package "sasuage." I was reminded of this by my family every time Mom would break out a new package. Didn't turn me against pork though.

Please do try to visit me at Troutfest.

JF