Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-14-2010, 11:28 PM

Default Rainbow Trout Photo

Paula, Byron or Daniel; I wonder who caught, and photographed the rainbow used above, it is gorgeous! I think that one would make a Red Band Trout envious.
Thanks,
John
Old 03-14-2010, 11:53 PM

My money is on ChemAngler.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM

John,
It was Lynn Hayes. The fish is from the Clinch. The color on it is amazing.

Daniel
Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Not only a great photo but the post processing is excellent! I wish the processing steps were known and posted on here!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 AM

I knew some one would say that,the fish is not processed at all , I would wonder myself but as Byron as my witness he could tell you I'm not savy enough to doctor it. The fish is not very large it is by far the prettiest I've caught and wanted to shareit.If you would like to go sometime I'll take you to the spot where I caught it. Maybe we can meet him again.
Lynn Hayes
Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Nice job, Lynn! That is an amazing shot straight out of the camera! What camera did you use?

By the way, I didn't mean the photo was doctored. Most photos just usually require a little clean up (saturation, exposure, contrast, sharpness, etc) after you've downloaded it to your computer. I'm sorry if you thought I was implying you had "doctored" it in some way.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 PM

hey Scott I thought about that as Iposted a reply, I apologize my reply may have seemed a little defensive, my bad, its just as I was looking at the photo the first thing my wife said was " Lynn people are gonna think you shopped it". I still mean it if you would like to join me, because someone that knew what they were doing would do a better job with the photo.I really lucked up on the shot. I have a Vivitar vivicam6200w its a perfect on stream camera its a little bulky but worth it. Again my apologies sometimes things just dont translate when you write them.
Lynn 379/0280
Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Lynn, you have my admiration on the photo. I've been photographing nature and people for 30 years and I'm still learning! I do need to find me a good stream-side camera. I'm tired of lugging around my full size Nikon D200 and lenses in my waist pack. I'm always concerned about getting it wet so I don't get to enjoy the fishing/experience nearly as much!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Thumbs up

I bet a $5 I could guess pretty close to where this fish was caught. There is one place on the Clinch that I think contains fish with this kind of color. I love the picture and I think you should send it in to one of those fish mounting companies to get a mount made for it...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 PM

You guess and I'll tell you if your right. I never have to worry about my camera, its been in down pours from New York to Dale Hollow. I promise its the camera not the operator. As far as the mount My wife gave me a mantle pic of a brown trout from the fall, I'm thinking of a rainbow to match.
Lynn