Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 PM

Default In the Evergreen CO Area

All,

I'll be in the Evergreen area at the end of March and looking for some places to fish for a day or two. Any suggestions on places to fish and lodging would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stay within 1.5hrs drive from Evergreen.

THANKS
Old 02-27-2010, 03:19 AM

Default in the evergreen co area

I don't claim to be an expert but I have fished the Evergreen area . You can fish Bear Creek between Evergreen and Morrison.(small stream) Also fish Clear Creek which runs alond I 70 West .Fish it in the town of Idaho Springs or outside, try behind several of the rafting companies. The opportunities are endless. You can also head to the South Platte . Stop at a fly shop called The Hatch in Pine Junction ( about 30 miles out of Evergreen) they are very helpful. When you are done have a adult beverage at the Little Bear Saloon in downtown Evergreen. E-mail and let me know how you made out. I love it there!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 AM

In Evergreen you will be about equally distant from the South Platte ( In Deckers ) or up north to the upper Colorado around Frazier and Granby. If you go north try Grand County Flyfishing Company out of Frazier, they have good guides, local flies and are a wealth of information. Both are going to be close to your 1 1/2 hour limit.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:22 PM

Default Evergreen

I am staying at the Rainbow Lodge in Oct. this year. I haven't fished the area yet. You can look the lodge up on the net. Their # 800-934-1102. The rates seem very reasonable and they have a private piece of Bear Cr. to fish. The lodge is close to Evergreen.