Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 AM

Default Saturday at Cherokee!!!!!

Friday night I suggested to my wife, that on our last day of vacation, we head over to Cherokee and fish for "easier" fish in "easier" water. That way she and my 5yo could catch some fish. Since her license expired on Friday, she was ok with that..... So as we roll into Cherokee I notice a lot of people out fishing.

We had accidentally arrived on opening day!!!

It was like a Zebco demo derby! I have nightmares about what I saw there that day! every piece of water was packed with ..."anglers"! We went up to the KOA ponds (big mistake) only to be casted over and disgusted to our limit. My wife asked why I wasn't fishing...I said "this ain't fishing!"

PS. I was so exicted to get to fish the Ocana. for a few minutes on the way back over the mountain. I even caught a fish
Old 03-29-2010, 10:34 PM

Sounds like a poor experience! My wife and I are going up there in the middle on May, during the week, and I am about to start praying that we have a place to fish in quietness and there are actually fish to catch. Reading about all of the poaching going on at the C&R section is sickening as well!