Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Default Report from this weekend

Fished the middle prong and a couple of creeks. Some activity, but not real hot right now. Hit the deep runs as deep as you can and you should catch a few on BHHEN and BHPTN. I did have some luck with my zebra midge in black and I saw several hatches of midges, black caddis (size 18, I think), quill gordons, etc. I caught a couple of smaller bows and my sister hooked into a nice 16-18 inch brown, but couldn't land him. Lost my foam box, with about 2 dozen flies I had tied, unhooking my nephew from a log. Was forced to buy a brand new Fishpond box from LRO. Losing those flies did hurt though, but it will give me the chance to practice. Caught108 stopped by and gave me a few tips and quickly had my head swimming with all of the knowledge that he has. He has a couple of boys and at the end, one of them did his finest impression of an LAV as he crawled out of the creek on his hands and knees and up the bank! It was a good time.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 PM

nice, I had some good luck with a few bows this weekend.

They were hitting on Copper Johns 16 pretty hard off 441 and when I went to Middle Prong late sunday they were nailing white indicator parachute adams 16 so often that I stopped fishing with a dropper.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:13 PM

Wow a dry...I fished one for a bit and then went to a nymph rig. I should have tried a different dry, I guess. I almost bough a few copper johns, but went with the others.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
Wow a dry...I fished one for a bit and then went to a nymph rig. I should have tried a different dry, I guess. I almost bough a few copper johns, but went with the others.
Yeah, it surprised me, I was just it as a hit indicator and they started going after it instead of the dropper sunday afternoon.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the report BRF! Maybe one day i'll get up there to fish with you.

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 PM

Blue,It was good to meet you and talk awhile.You should have stayed around and played leap frog with us for awhile,we could have talked some more.My boys love the water we dont always catch alot of fish,but we always have a great time.We beat around till 1:00 or a little later,I caught 9 bows 1-11 1/2" 2 about 9" 1 about 8" 1 barely 7" the other 4 were 5"-6". Who knows we may meet in the creek again someday.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:57 PM

Same to you man! I had to leave and go meet my family before they got upset. I was trying to do too much and didn't get to fish enough. Thanks again for the tips. Seems like a lot of guys were catching them on dries Sunday. Those fish can be confusing when it comes to what they want on any given day. I was exhausted the day we met and got back home even more tired, but it was fun just to be up in those mountains. You guys that live near there don't realize how lucky you are. Take care and thanks again.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpopper View Post
Thanks for the report BRF! Maybe one day i'll get up there to fish with you.
Anytime my friend.