Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

That's the spirit I live here and if I waited for everything to be just right I'd never fish see you Wednesday Drew be sure to bring that anchor.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:40 AM

Well, this morning I see that everyone here in the know was right - it's coming quickly down towards 100 cfs, but you can see it slowing down. However, the Davidson is running at much less according to this mornings gauge data, so I may have to make my lemonade by changing locations for this trip. Not a huge fan of the Davidson, but then again, not a huge fan of fighting hard currents either. At least, not since my early 20's anyway.

Good luck you guys! Meetcha back here for stream reports later in the week! Be careful out there!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Dont give up on Elkmont in the high water....keep to the banks of the river and fish those washtub size pockets of quiet water...those trout have to rest too...Jakes Creek fished well earlier this spring after a water event....3.7 miles will get you to the forks of the river and cut the water in half...let us know how you do
Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 AM

Little River will fish fine...just be careful out there and don't wade too much. The hatches are often better during high water, especially in the evenings. The next few days should produce some good fishing...I would be fishing starting Thursday...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 AM

Well, in order to accommodate my need for felt soled boots, and to get away from the higher water in TN, I ended up in Cherokee. The water wasn't much better there, though and I only managed two trout...one was a 4 inch brown, the other a 29 inch rainbow. Yes, the 4-5 minute battle with that LOG of a fish was fun...but the other 6 hours of fishing was anything but.

I only stayed two days, and fished one. The water was high and clear. I would guess it would be about back to normal by now though and I'm headed back this weekend with a friend to fish some wild streams in the park. I think, after that one fish in 6 hours( 2 in 7 hours!), I'd like the rest of my fish to come in 6-10 inch installments. I stole that from someone, but I can't remember if it was Nick Lyons or Geirach(sp?) or someone else who said they caught 30 inches of trout, in 6 installments! lol