Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Troutfest

Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Default Brief Troutfest 2010 Photo Essay

One of the coolest ice cream makers I have ever seen:

Tying Demonstrations By:

Cassie Sulzby,

Ray Ball,

& Joe Humphreys

Sorry for the lack of other tyer photos, I was busy chasing around a 2-yr old that wanted to cast every rod and sit in every kayak on the property:

Thanks to everyone who participated in this years Toutfest. And a big thanks to the committee chair Byron for his tireless efforts:

I believe you deserved your short break sir! Now if you could just keep that idiot with the camera out of your face.

You know if we live in a country where we can elect a Community Organizer as president, I imagine Troutfest Organizer more than qualifies one to run for office as well. Where do I go sign up for the Byron for President 2016 campaign?

Like I said before I know I missed meeting some people, hearing some presentations, and getting some photo ops. However, it was so much fun watching the little guy run around having fun with everything there that I completely put all my original intentions aside and just went with the flow. Adam, Rodney, and Tyler it was nice meeting you all officially, and hopefully we will meet again. To the rest of you, I look forward to meeting you and catching up with others at another time, possibly Troutfest 2011..... We will see.

Take care, and God Bless

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 05-22-2010, 08:47 PM

Great pictures Travis. We had a problem with fly tyers. Another person was getting tyers from another part of the state and it didn't happen so I couldn't choose many myself. As a result, we were short at times. You should have been tying. Please tie next year. I'll be totally in charge.

It was an honor to serve as chairman another year. That is not the hard job. It takes a team and we have one. We would welcome any help from you and others. Other people worked just as hard as I did. I thank them all. Feedback from people has been excellent and we are already planning next year's event. We will make changes based on input from attendees and exhibitors. Many of those recommendations were posted on this board. We are adding a couple of people to the committee who will bring new ideas and skills next year. I met with one of them this afternoon. He has more special event experience than anyone I know.

One compelling difference between Troutfest and other fly fishing shows is, it's all done with volunteers, over 100 of them. The musicians were paid a small amount but everyone else worked for free. Next year, everyone will work for free. We catered the food for the banquet this year and it turned out great.

Thank you and everyone for the kind words about the job we did. We all appreciate it very much. And Travis, I don't want to be President of anything more. But, thank you for the pat on the back. I would like to get your photos for the new Troutfest website if you don't mind. I'll start on it soon. I noticed today in an e-mail our treasurer sent me that we have $57,000 in the Little River Chapter of TU checking account. We'll make a nice donation to the Park again.

Byron
Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 PM

Thanks Travis for the pics.!

Sure was a treat to see Mr. Ball there. Had the good fortune to meet him several years ago, back before my interest in fly fishing. Sure is a small world.

This was my first Troutfest and really enjoyed it, job well done folks!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
Great pictures Travis. We had a problem with fly tyers. Another person was getting tyers from another part of the state and it didn't happen so I couldn't choose many myself. As a result, we were short at times. You should have been tying. Please tie next year. I'll be totally in charge.
Byron,
Thanks for the kind words, and Troutfest seems to get better every year. Looking forward to next year, and I would love to participate at the tying table. I thought about volunteering this year, but it is a good thing I didn't. I had to travel to Sweden on Sunday for work, so it probably would have been difficult for me to have had a flexible schedule for tying.

I will shoot you an email early next week to see which photos you would like to use for next year.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 05-23-2010, 07:58 AM

Nice job Travis I really like the pictures of you son. He looks pretty serious. Thanks for sharing.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Nice job Travis! That Byron is a handsome man isn't he I'm glad you didn't show any of me, my phone always starts to ring, and my mail box fills up from all the lonely women when someone does.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman View Post
Nice job Travis! That Byron is a handsome man isn't he I'm glad you didn't show any of me, my phone always starts to ring, and my mail box fills up from all the lonely women when someone does.
You spoke a little too soon... check out the Photography thread, specifically Some great talent behind the vise. Couldn't link it?

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com