Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM

Default Gaintfish Graduates & up coming trip

A lot of the older posters will remember Gaintfish from a couple of years ago. Well we had some issues with his grade back then, but I am a proud Dad now, he graduated yesterday from Father Ryan and even ended up with a 86.8 average. That is good for a private school like Ryan. He also scored the one of the highest grades in advanced English (hard to over come his WVA Hilly-billy gene he received from me. But the bad thing is that he had to graduate during Trout Fest. And would not give me a pass to skip his graduation for Trout Fest.
He has been accepted to Tennessee Tech,and is planning on entering the Fisheries Biology program with a English minor. He is currently writing short stories and sending them off to have them edited by a friend that is a English Major a couple years ahead of him.
For his graduation I am giving him a father son trip to Elkmont this weekend. If you see a older red Nissan with a short heavyset old man (me) and a tall skinny kid stop and say HI. It was a toss up between Elkmont and North river but he picked Elkmont for two reasons! one of course LRO, the other Volunteer pizza in Gburg.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:54 PM

Congratulations to Giantfish and you. Won't be down this weekend but look forward to saying hi someday.

Have a slice of pizza for me and cardfly Jr.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Vern,

Contratulations to Giantfish on his graduation and to you for taking the journey with him. What a great way to celebrate with a fishing trip. Nice to hear about your son's plans for post-graduation. I know he's pursuing his passion, what everyone wishes they could do and a few actually get to do.

Blessings on both of you and have a safe trip and tight lines.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

vern,

stop in and say "hi" at sugarlands

sam
Old 05-19-2010, 11:06 PM

Sam, we were planing on it. I finished paying for my life membership in December, now I need to but something to see if my card works and to support the park. I need a new book and some soarwood honey if it is available yet. plus in need some trailadvice for the family trip the first week in June. Wow I just realized that I am coming up there times in the next 30 days. The mtff trip is the third week of June. My wife most really Love me allowing me this many trips.