Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my original post, sent an email or even thought about this situation.

Grayson was delivered around 9 this morning by C-section. He has all of the fingers and toes but the internal situation will likely be too much to overcome. As I type he is still with us. The doctor had said that he might make it a couple hours. The little guy must be all heart because he is still here.

As hard as it is to say, we are told it is just a matter of time. Please continue to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we continue to enjoy the newest addition.

Sincerely,

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 05-21-2010, 05:32 PM

God Bless you all.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 PM

May God give you and your family strength during this time!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:30 AM

Default Thanks again.

The little guy put up one heck of a fight against one that he just couldn't win.

The doctor had said that he might live a couple hours but Grayson decided that he wanted to be around just a little longer. He passed away about 1:30 this morning.

Thank you all very much for the thoughts and prayers. This is by far, the hardest thing that I have ever had to witness. It really makes you think about where you are and what is important.

Sincerely,

Old 05-22-2010, 07:19 PM

Sorry to hear Jason, Keep your head up and lean on the Lord man. Thoughts and prayers continue to go up for you and your family.

May God Bless
Old 05-23-2010, 10:29 PM

Jason,
I am very sorry to hear this. I will keep your family in my prayers. My wife and I had a couple miscarriges before our son was born and we were unable to have another baby after. While none of them were carried to full term, we experienced the grief of the loss much the same.

Your sister needs a lot of love and understanding and will need it for quite some time. If she is anything like Leslie (my wife) she really doesn't need for people to tell her everything is going to be OK (even though with time it will) and she doesn't need anyone to remind her she's young and can still have more children (and she most likely can). The best thing is for you and the family to be ready to give a hug when it's needed, to understand as she goes through the stages of grief, and most of all to let her know how much you love her and that you all are there for her whenever she needs you.

She will probably have good days and bad days for a pretty long time to come. I learned on some days when Leslie seemed happiest was when she was really struggling the most.

I'm not speaking from a position of sage advice. I'm speaking as a man who made a lot of mistakes and learned from them.

We do not know why God allows things like this to happen but we can rest assured it is in His plan.

The fact you posted the request for prayers says a lot about how much you must love your sister. The number of guys who responded with prayers and support shows there are still people in this world who will take time ouf of their days so show compassion to someone they've never met.

You did a very good thing out of love for her. Sometime when the time is right (and you will know if the time is ever right, I can't explain how, but you will know), it may be wise to show her this thread and let her know that she was not alone. The time may never be right, but if it is, you will just know it.

Again, Jason, your family will remain in my prayers. Your sister is not alone, God is with her and there are a number of us praying for her still.

Jeff
Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Jason, I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it is tough to face such struggles in life. Hang in there, buddy.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 AM

Jason,
The loss of a child would very hard for me. In times like these I always remember my Irish grandmoter saying "death leaves a heartache no one can heal, and love leaves a memory no one can steal".
Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Grouseman--I just now noticed your posts and the replies about the loss of the little one. Words fail at times such as these, but please know that your sister, her husband, you, and all concerned are in my thoughts.

About all I can offer in the way of solace is a reminder that in times of trouble look to the good earth--it never, ever lets us down, and in the bosom of the wild there is a caress for the troubled soul.

Jim Casada
Old 05-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Everyone, thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

The funeral was yesterday and that was the rough day. It makes it a little easier to deal with knowing that Grayson is with great company and that we will get to see him again.