Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 AM

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can just get in at Cataloochee. Owl, Smokemont opened up on the 28th of last month, but they are still working there too.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Hey thanks - but I gotta say - You have got to be kidding me? LOL When we were there two weeks ago that place was a disaster area. We crossed the Luftee, and hiked up BF as we were told to do by the NPS LEO's. Fishing was so-so. When we got up a little ways into the campground, I popped up to the campground level to check it out. What a mess! They hadn't even finished a single loop through there, there were areas of sticky tar( like 100 yd stretches), and machinery all over the place. Just FYI - unless they cleaned all that stuff up in a hurry I would not want to camp there this year( maybe they did?)

On a side note, it was really strange to see the campground empty on a nice spring day! A little spooky!~
Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 AM

I went over there and fished up the Oconaluftee from Smokemont last week, and drove through the campground before starting. They had the loop on the other side of Bradley closed, but the rest was open and still had the orange construction fencing everywhere and machines sitting along the road as you enter at the bridge.