Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 06-05-2010, 11:23 PM

Default New Guy

Hey guys, Another "newb" here. I am just starting to get into the fly fishing world as of a few weeks ago. I had always kinda wanted to try fly fishing, and I went camping with a buddy and his boss and his boss happened to bring a couple of his outfits with him. While we were on the boat, I got to use his for about an hour and managed to get about 1/2 dozen bluegill in the boat on my first time with a fly rod. I really enjoyed it and it has got me wanting my own outfit. Anyways, Thats my intro and look forward to chatting and hopefully learning a few things from you guys.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Bubbatn--The heartiest of welcomes, and you'll find you've opened a door to a glorious new world. I think you'll also discover that there's plenty on this forum which is interesting and informative.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 06-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Welcome Bubbatn!
This a great place to gather some of the best info on flyfishing here in TN and meet great peole too. Just a warning, FLYFISHING IS ADDICTIVE! You can never have too many rods, reels, flies, lines or gear. Best of luck to ya!

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."
Old 06-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Default bubbatn welcome

Welcome! You will find lots of good information and a few exaggerations posted here that makes for interesting reading. I wish you good luck and steadfast determination as you progress through a wonderful sport.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 AM

Thumbs up Bubbatn welcome

Bubba you have came to a great place to get some info on this great sport. I too, just took up the sport 5/6 years ago and this forum has been
a tremendous amount of help. Some really knowledgable folks here that
are really super guys. I too live in Tazewell, not many folks in our area fly
fishermen that I know but feel free to shoot me an email at(gregsstuff@netcommander.com) sometime and maybe we can throw a fly. I fish the Clinch on a regular basis, don't catch a lot, but love it just
the same.
Just holler if I can help anytime.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Sounds good tnh2owader, We'll definitely have to hook up and wet a line whenever I get my outfit. Lord knows i'll need some knowledgeable advice to start out with...haha.