Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 AM

link to the map page

http://www.twra4streams.org/streamandriveraccess.html
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 AM

WW, I knew about the seven islands boat ramp and the one on kodak road but I would not leave my car at either one. too many reports on break -ins from friends. The Johnson Bible college ramp is private and the one I use most often in Seymour is probably going to close once the property owner dies. Back when I had a fishing boat I would put in at 3 rivers and head up both rivers and float back. Once my house is paid off in 3-4 years and if my son doesn't take everything for his college education, I'll have another river boat.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Ok so lets just say I want to go fishing no boat, just grab a fly rod put my keens on hit the water.....Do I just find a spot off the main drag and hop in the water and go? Any areas better then others?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 AM

While I'm not going to say specific access points That I use on a public forum, there are several public parking areas on the greenbelt walking trail in Sevierville on the river and you can pretty much wade up and down the river from any of them.

The reason I don't tell all on a forum is because several years ago I told a guy who just happened to be a guide about a specific walk in access. The next time I went to fish there, he was taking clients there and all his friends.
lose lips sink ships.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
While I'm not going to say specific access points That I use on a public forum, there are several public parking areas on the greenbelt walking trail in Sevierville on the river and you can pretty much wade up and down the river from any of them.

The reason I don't tell all on a forum is because several years ago I told a guy who just happened to be a guide about a specific walk in access. The next time I went to fish there, he was taking clients there and all his friends.
lose lips sink ships.
I understand that, that's been done to me a few times as well. I'll look into that green built area. Thanks for all the info, oh one other thing will a floating line work or do I need a sink tip?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 AM

For the LP and LR , a floating line is all you need. I will fish a sinktip at times on the FB and Holston for specific situations and flies. even the deeper sections of the tailwaters are usually easily fished with a floating line and a weighted fly.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 AM

So I think i'm going to head up there around 4ish today. I looked at the map it looks like there is a public park right there in the middle of Sevierville right across the river from that big RV park. Is that area there fishable? and whay types of flys should I use. Any big streamers that are white I would think should work
Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM

heavily fished but good area. use poppers right now. water is only thigh deep.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Hey wolf what's your e-mail. I want to go fishing somewhere up there today and have a question or two for you
Old 06-17-2010, 02:36 PM

I didn't know the FB ramps were bad places. I have been lucky I guess, dang thieves are everywhere.

The ramp at Rankin on the Pigeon Float is horrendous, I pulled my pistol on 2 guys there a few years ago. I always said and was taught if you pull it, use it, and I was going to. But they quickly decided to harass someone else.

On most of the smallmouth rivers around I would not be caught unarmed, and heavily armed at that. One of the other rivers we fish alot, we carry multiple pistols as well as a shotgun which is out in plain view at all times. Rough places abound in this part of the world.

I used to not carry on the Clinch or Holston, but started carrying about 5 years ago when break-ins became common at Peach Orchard. Now I just pack all the time, never know when someone is going to get chippy or the need will arise.