Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5
Default Campsite 65

Bear hooks are down in what is a beautiful campsite. I hadn't been there but had wanted to see it since I read Pete's report from there a few seasons back. I walked out after fishing, which was by the way excellent. Blue Wulff and a beadhead Tellico slap wore the Rainbows out. I called the backcountry desk from one of the picnic tables in the middle of the site and let them know. Just wanted to pass the info along. I've had to stay up all night keeping a bear outta my food and it wasn't something I was in the mood for with a soft comfortable bed only 45 minutes away.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

One reason you should always carry 50ft of parachute cord very cheap and light and you could always rig a bear rope. The other alternative is be sure you always keep everything in zip lock bags even trash i keep in a freezer zip lock.

You can sleep with your food in a pinch and never have any problems I did a many nights hiking on the AT.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5

I had plenty of rope just decided I'd rather sleep in my own bed, haha. To anyone gonig in there though, you'd better heed spotlights advice and bring some rope if you are a bear a phobe...haha
Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Thanks for the report. Glad to see that stream is fishing well. I have been meaning to hike up a couple of more campsites and fish it, but haven't had the time.

Speckleman5, I have a question concerning a Park stream that is in your area. Do you know if you can access Bunches Creek from the Reservation without violating any laws? I have accessed it up high, but would like to fish it immediately above the Reservation by passing through Reservation land.

Feel free to email me at MBridges@dobsonlaw.com if you would prefer. I will thank you ahead of time for your help.