Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Thumbs up

Rod --- it's still fishing very well! Decided to fish midges instead of slinging feathers today. After a slow early a.m. start, things really heated up. I only fished stripped peacock herl and olive midges, and they hit both with gusto. Water was slightly stained today which seemed to help. Only saw 1 sulphur.

Phil
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Good to hear, looking to get out there some this week and weekend, thought about fishing the weir pool tonihgt has anyone been up there recently?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Default Clin

Water Wolf,
Thanks, and yes doing well. Our son is 12 now, going in 7th grade,..... got my 30th HS reunion this weekend. Time flies..... whether you're having fun or not .
Hope to run into you out there sometime.
John
Old 07-22-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Please, me fish two flies....never. I have seen too many times when someone fishing in the boat with me got spanked fishing two flies, by someone using a single rig. In super heavy water it makes sense, but on the Clinch with the water low, big mistake.
WW -- Best fly fishermen I have had the pleasure of fishing with wouldn't dream of using > 1 fly no matter what the conditions. Wish I had that level of confidence! I usually fish a dropper, mainly to see if the fish prefer one pattern over another on that particular day.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnapp View Post
WW -- Best fly fishermen I have had the pleasure of fishing with wouldn't dream of using > 1 fly no matter what the conditions. Wish I had that level of confidence! I usually fish a dropper, mainly to see if the fish prefer one pattern over another on that particular day.
To each their own on the multi fly deal. I did it for a while, but figured out the fish generally eat the bottom fly, and it has a propensity to get rats nested up. I have no patience for nests, and am stupidly stubborn when it comes to what I fish. I have just settled into a nice little rut where I fish a handful of flies no matter what.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
To each their own on the multi fly deal. I did it for a while, but figured out the fish generally eat the bottom fly, and it has a propensity to get rats nested up. I have no patience for nests, and am stupidly stubborn when it comes to what I fish. I have just settled into a nice little rut where I fish a handful of flies no matter what.
Haven't reached that level of confidence yet. I enjoy trying to invent a better mouse trap and try many new patterns. On the other hand, my best fishing friend is in the same boat as you .... 2-3 patterns is about all he fishes, and he consistently kicks my butt! He was the guy downstream from me last Sunday hooking up on about every cast! Maybe I'll come to my senses and quit tinkering around with patterns someday!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:48 PM

hey phil, blow ol wolfs mind and post them pics of those mayflies. I'm intereste in his reaction! hahaha
Old 07-23-2010, 07:03 PM

Wolf --- send me your email address to phil.snapp@yahoo.com. I'd like to share some insect photos I made on the Clinch this a.m. I think John Thurman and CRCTU may have done some research on this insect on the Clinch a few years ago. Interesting stuff!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Default Flow times to the jail?

Can one of you remind me how long it takes the water to get to the jail when they turn on:
1 turbine?
2 Turbines?
Thanks,
John
Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Here ya go:

http://www.crctu.com/Drain_Down/clinch_drain.htm

Phil