Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 PM

Default Chattahoochee River today

My Dad and i fished out of our drift boat today at Jones Bridge Park. Started at about 10:00, and ended at 4:30. The fishing wasn't as good as it has been in the past few weeks. I'm assuming it is because of all of the bank fisherman keeping more than their limit. Saw quite a few fish rising today, but the only real hatch was the tube hatch which might have affected the fishing. Spent the day mostly trying out new patterns i made up as a dropper off of my favorite fly for the 'hooch. (insert name here) I'm glad i tested out flies because i found out a few of them didn't work out, but one of them was on FIRE . Overall an OK day. Between my dad and I we got about 30 with only one wild brown. Usually we get around 50-60 between the two of us. Who knows what the problem was.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Default Fishing the Hooch

If you started at Jones Bridge, where did you take out? 15 fish a piece still sounds like a good day!
Thanks,
John
Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 AM

Talking Takeout

John, we have a motor on our boat, so we just motored back up to the jones bridge ramp. We have floated from jones bridge to Holcomb bridge. It is a very good float!