Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Default Late August Little River Fishing

I'm going to be in town the last week of August and camping right on the Little River. If you get out early enough, do you have a chance to catch anything on the Little River or do you need to go up higher and find the cooler water?

Thanks,
Old 08-03-2010, 01:31 PM

Lindy--Be on the stream as soon as it is light enough to see a fly and you should have a couple of good hours. In fact, it's the best way, short of a rain muddying up the stream, to catch a big trout this time of year. That being said, if you want long hours of fishing you need to get up higher.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM

I have fished the portion of the little river that runs along the little river trail in elkmont 3 times over the past couple of weeks and have brought fish to hand on every visit. I normally hike up the trail about 1/2 mile and get in the water. Early in the morning and late in the evening have been the best times, as usual. Further, while there are numerous people walking along the trail, I have only encountered one other fisherman on that stretch of water.