Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 09-17-2010, 05:10 PM

Troutman, I was being fairly serious about their naming a stream after your son. You, of course, would need to agree to such. Shoot, I heard that back when the park was being surveyed by TVA/USGS, someone on the crew would ask, "what are we going to call this one?" To which someone would reply, "lets name it for our rodman. Let's go with Toms (or whatever) Creek?" In my opinion, a 12-13 year old angler catching a speck where none were once thought to exist is about as good as it gets when it comes to surveying... and that's coming from someone who was a rodman working summers with TDOT. Hey, I busted my buns toting that rod and bushwhaking and I never got as much as a culvert named in my honor.

The Department of the Interior would probably cite a bunch of reasons why there can be no Evans Branch, but the thought they might just go along is intriguing. After all, we're not talking about the Nobel Peace Prize here.

JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 09-18-2010 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
If that is the case Fred then I can tell you that the specks definitely seem to be spreading down lower into big cataloochee valley now. If I had just caught one I wouldn't be as sure about it as having caught 2 within a couple of hours of each other. When I go back over I will get some pics if I catch anymore down low.
Adam, I don't doubt what you're saying in the least. I like Jim's theories on the success the specks appear to be having on their own. I am impressed by the extent of the park you have fished just since I started following the message board. You just may become your generation's Bobby Kilby.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:27 PM

haha well Fred the real reason I was over in Cataloochee was to make plans for my upcoming wedding at Palmer chapel on Oct. 23rd. After getting married I hope I can still do all the fishing I get to do now you know. Amanda is a country girl from Russellville and seems to understand my affliction so I got that going for me.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 09-19-2010, 02:39 AM

Although it's no great feat, I'll add that the "lowest" I've caught a brook trout was in the Little River at the Y.

Of course, I'd be lying if I said that though.

The "lowest" I've caught a native brook trout was just below the falls of Indian Creek. I was surprised to catch two there in short order, among a small pool just below the falls pool. No doubt they somehow dropped down from further upstream.

Perhaps the changes you mentioned, Jim are the reason for the change in dominant species in Deep Creek and others? And while I'm at it - I sure like reading your common sense posts. Just saying. Thanks for that.