Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 AM

psnapp--There a simple answer to your question "why kill them when you can shoot them with a 35 mm?' Shoot them so you can eat them. Venison is far healthier than beef, thanks to no infusions of growthhormones, antibiotics, and other stuff. Indeed, it is the only red meat recommended for some heart patients. Add to that overpopulation problems in many areas (including mine--they've devastated my half acre garden the last two years, never mind at least twenty attempted "remedies" which don't work), and the fact that the meat is flat-out delicious (it figures prominently in at least five of the cookbooks my wife and me have written) and you've got reasons aplenty to shoot them.
As for the camera shooting, it's decidedly short on taste
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Jim,
You sure do have a lot of guns Look at my post one more time, I thought for sure the meat machine with the stickers saying no animals were harmed would give it away for sure. Dillie and her buddy were napping on the bed earlier. They are outside playing now. Check back later today and maybe she will be back in her bedroom.

http://ww.com/dilliecam?force_resolution=320_240

Jim, no deer dare come in my garden, I have a 20# mountain fiest that thinks he is Godzilla. Squirrels don't dare visit the bird feeders either.

Last edited by flyman; 08-30-2010 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: genetics have been cruel to me
Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 PM

Flyman I just seen that deer in the bed there. Is that thing in your house?

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:16 PM

flyman, if you are keeping a deer, you might be in violation of state laws. Every state that I have lived in required a permit to keep wildlife. Might want to check on that.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 PM

Yes she is in the guest bedroom, I can't turn her loose, some hunter might shoot her
Old 08-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Is she toilet trained and does she have a tv?

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:43 PM

62" HD, and she loves watching Animal Planet
Old 08-30-2010, 07:45 PM

Flyman--Actually that list was just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to guns. I only list some of the center-fire rifles I own. There's a bunch of rimfires and a sure 'nuff passel of shotguns. Then maybe fifteen smokepoles. A man can never have too many guns, but I will note that a lot a\have come my way over the years by virtue of what I do (swap words, sometimes about guns and often about hunting, for nickels--more like pennies these days).
As for your ungulate friend, make sure she doesn't turn on you. Two local guys once got the bright idea to "rescue" a doe swimming a nearby lake. They got her in the boat all right, but she half killed both of them, knocked a hole in the boat, knocked them both in the lake, and then swam away. Can't trust them dears (or deers)!
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 08-30-2010, 07:50 PM

It's getting that time of year for deer. Is she allowed to have bucks in her room with the door closed? Silvercreek
Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodonthefly View Post
How many of you all deer hunt? Over the years I have hunted I have only missed 1 or 2 opening days of season, I do it all from bow, black powder, to high powered riffles. For some reason I'm not getting as fired up about bow season this year, and i think its due to the heat. So for you hunters are you getting fired up yet?
I'm fired up and now I'm going to be dragging my butt out of bed to get to work since I couldn't stop reading all this witty banter. A deer in the house, I love to watch them to but the thought of one staring at me when I wake up is a bit much. Jim, I don't know how much it costs to hunt where your at but by the time I buy all my licenses and all the latest gear I could have ate at Howard's Steak House twice a month for a year. Byron, If you like to deer hunt in Kentucky you need to get a buck in velvet in early September but you better have your squito dope. I noticed Crockett didn't say whether or not he was ready; I think hes out catching all the trout while you guys are jawing about deer. As far as being ready for deer season I haven't even had my fill of squirrel yet.