Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Boats, Canoes and Kayaks

Old 09-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Post Nice river boat on Craigslist - $750

Nice boat on Craigslist...great for the river...I have no association with this seller-but, that is a great set-up for that price and it would be an awesome boat for East TN Tailwaters...

13.5' Grumman boat w/6 HP Johnson - $750 (Rutledge)

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/1933827287.html
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM

I called about it and its already been sold.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Troutman I called about it and its already been sold.
Oh well; I guess that is how it goes sometimes...I should have bought it and just resold for a decent profit. I try to keep my eyes out on these type of boats. That one had a great trailer, nice motor, and a great hull for the river.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Guess I'll probably stick with getting a river kayak in a couple of months. I really just need something to slide in the truck bed for evening trips and rivers, ponds with no boat launches.

There is a nice late 60s/ early 70s alum. v-hull 14ft Alumacraft for sale in Seymour with an older motor 20hp (I think), and trailer but the guy wants $1000 and won't budge on the price. I offered $500 and would have gone to $700 but I guess he thinks its worth the price. it has been for sale for going on 3 months now. corner of 411 and 441 intersection if anyone interested.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Lightbulb My opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Guess I'll probably stick with getting a river kayak in a couple of months. I really just need something to slide in the truck bed for evening trips and rivers, ponds with no boat launches.

There is a nice late 60s/ early 70s alum. v-hull 14ft Alumacraft for sale in Seymour with an older motor 20hp (I think), and trailer but the guy wants $1000 and won't budge on the price. I offered $500 and would have gone to $700 but I guess he thinks its worth the price. it has been for sale for going on 3 months now. corner of 411 and 441 intersection if anyone interested.
I bet the motor value is the hang-up. A good 20hp Johnson is worth $300-500. I would keep looking for one of these boats. They are wonderful for the river if you get a semi-v to flat hull. You really do not need a motor unless you are going to use it during generation. If you do; I would look for a short shank Johnson in the 10hp range.

Flip it upside down and foam the heck out of the seat-cross members. Add a trolling motor in the front with battery cables modified to a nice trolling motor in the back. Perfect balance to run in water less than a foot deep. When you come up on a super low shoal; use the quick release on your trolling motor and slide right over it. I have about 50-60 trips on mine this year and I am always in shallow water. Great boat for taking a buddy to get to remote shoals and to take supplies, lunch, beverages, etc.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Another nice boat:
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/1935630739.html