Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Default Fishing Basics from GA

Just wanted to pimp out a new website I'm working on here in GA. Since alot of the blog entries and fishing info will be on about GA, I thought I'd put it here. There are several articles on what I like to call "practical, real-world" beginner instruction, as well.

This is non-traditional practical FISHING instruction, not world-class casting or anything like that. I'll leave that to the certified casting instructors, and experts like Lefty!

The site is www.owljones.com

Come by and take a look. I've tried to keep it funny and interesting, but may not have succeeded on either count!? LOL Hopefully, I can get out some this fall and enjoy some of the good fall fishing if I'm still unemployed and playin' trout bum. ( Looks likely. )

have a good weekend, ya'll.
owl
Old 09-09-2010, 11:11 AM

Owl-

Loved your website, especially the articles on "fly fishing". Reading your "Basics" article, I had to chuckle, as I saw myself as the "noob" about 10 years ago, buying anything and everything in sight that I thought would give me an "edge" over those super brilliant trout with doctorate level degrees in entomology and biology. Me just being a lowly mildly educated adult with only a Master's degree. For Shame!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM

Thanks Kentucky! I appreciate it very much. There's also a links page that links to some great info and businesses ( like LRO! ) and I'm working on a website that's nothing but trout fishing stories from my 20 something years of running around in the mtns. of N. GA, TN and NC. I'm glad you liked it - we'll be adding more stuff weekly!