Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-14-2010, 11:26 AM

as for Townsend......there are some good ones but here is my list:

Breakfast or dinner: Riverstone
Dinner (to relax): Timbers (good prime rib)
quick lunch: roast beef w/ swiss on dark hogie bun at 66 station (Wonderful)

one thing I must do for each visit to Townsend is make a stop at the 66 station for that roast beef sandwich, the owners there seem like great people!!!!

now.......off to lunch here in Ohio....
Bob
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 09-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Jim I was just meaning any place irregardless of price, attire, etc that you like to stop at before or after fishing that is near the park. Trying to add a few more hidden favorites to my list. Maybe you or Fred could include some of these places in your publishings to help others out although restaurants sometimes can be gone before the printing is over I guess.

I have always wanted to stop at Na'bers in Bryson City and now I will do definitely do that next time I am there. In the past I have ate at the Bojangles or Jimmy Mac's and was looking for something different over there. Doesn't seem to be much that is good in Cherokee but I will check out that Granny's Kitchen place. In the past there I just go to the KFC buffet which isn't of the highest order as far as quality ha.

Buckeyetrouter I have been in that 66 station many times and never noticed they had food there. I will add that roast beef with swiss to my list for sure.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFork View Post
Full Service BBQ in Maryville is my favorite place to go on the way back to Knoxville.
Heck yeah! I LOVE me some full service barbecue. Their sauce is excellent. be sure to order extra.

--Matt
Old 09-14-2010, 02:39 PM

I must say that for a country breakfast, there is a little resturant out 321 headed out of Gatlinburg near the city hall that has a great country ham breakfast. The ham comes from Benton Hams which is near Madisonville, TN off 411. Theirs is some of the finest cured pork I have ever eaten. This is a small, family owned outfit that supplies resturants but also sells to the public. If you like ham, fresh bacon, sausage, etc, check them out.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:20 PM

If in G'Burg The Pancake Pantry is great!!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 PM

If you like burgers, I mean huge burgers, "Wings Are Us" in Townsend have the best. I have never had thier wings, but the burgers are great. Gaintfish is an burger expert, and the "big mouth" is his favorite of all time, Dad's now ranks 2nd or third, good thing he has moved into a dorm, no more dad burgers for him!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 PM

Default Among our favortites...

Gatlinburg : Best Italian located in next to the Moose lodge has some of the best pizza or anything else, especially their garlic rolls. Clahouns salads and buirgers are pretty good and very filling.

Townsend: We like Back Porch for their vegetables, Miss Lilly's is also very good. and out Wears Valley Rd, the Something Bear Grill, the place on the right as you are driving from Townsewnd toward Pigeon Forge has a pretty decent breakfast.

Mike

PS: Been wanting to try Nabor's sincer reading about it and don't know the name but got a decent BBQ sandwich once at a place in Bryson City near the train depot.
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
Crockett--Yours is a sort of "wide open" question in that you don't establish any parameters on your food expectations--stomach stuffers? price the key factor? quantity? type of attire? As someone who has written a bunch of cookbooks my thoughts obviously go beyond filling my pie hole to other factors.

With that out of the way, I can speak with some authority on Bryson City. If you just want a burger or something similar, Na'Ber's, located on old U. S. 19 about a mile and a half on the road to Cherokee, is in a class by itself (and very reasonable to boot--McDonald's and Burger King aren't in the same league). Pasqualino's, located near the square, has wonderful Italian food at reasonable prices and the quantities are enormous. I'm a pretty decent trencherman and I always need a take-out box. The Cork & Barrel on the square is a new place specializing in crepes, and it's first-class. For breakfast or lunch, Everett Street Diner is hard to beat (they aren't open at night). If you are in a hurry and just want a lot of food for your dollar, the offerings at Ingle's in the hot foods/deli section fit the bill. There are other places as well, but of those i've tried (and that's most of them), the ones mentioned above come out on top.
In Cherokee, the restaurant in the Holday Inn (Chestnut Leaf or something like that) is quite good, and for all-you-can-eat home cooking Granny's Kitchen up the Soco Road is a good choice.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
P. S. Out Nantahala way there's Nantahala Inn and Relia's Garden (or is it Kitchen?).
Added this post to my notebook...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-14-2010, 09:01 PM

I love Granny's kitchen
Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM

My wife and I have to eat at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, we do lunch usually with boxes to go, then I go work off the roast beef and potatos on greenbrier for then rest of the afternoon, then left overs for supper.
Tad