Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM

Adam, I haven't either. Here is what John said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswitow View Post
I love the trout dinner at Katie's Kitchen. It is a little hard to find, but all you have to do is drive up Dick's Branch road about 150 yards, Katie's is on the right. This is dinner of course, not breakfast. Lynn's in Robbinsville is very good as well. If over on the Nantahala the River's End at the NOC is great as well.
Really like Pasquelino's in Bryson City as well. Also the Fryemont Inn in Bryson City. These are all dinner.
Good Eats!
John
Old 02-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
When I saw you put Littons on there I was confused at first but Amanda mentioned that is probably where you ate when you were fishing First Creek (oops named another one of your secret speck creeks )
Ohhh no he didn't.... ?!? "jk"-so people know when injected with sarcasm/humor and not meant to be taken seriously.

Again, thanks for bringing up this list Joe! I am seriously getting tired of eating at Subway every time... didn't know I had so many options!!

Tight Lines,
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
Ohhh no he didn't.... ?!? "jk"-so people know when injected with sarcasm/humor and not meant to be taken seriously.

Again, thanks for bringing up this list Joe! I am seriously getting tired of eating at Subway every time... didn't know I had so many options!!

Tight Lines,
tnflyfisher, I've decided to turn over a new leaf: promoting farm raised rainbows and Hillbilly Tacos instead of backcountry brookies.

Okay, Crockett, I'll bite. Tell me where First Creek is... by personal e-mail, of course.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
tnflyfisher, I've decided to turn over a new leaf: promoting farm raised rainbows and Hillbilly Tacos instead of backcountry brookies.

Okay, Crockett, I'll bite. Tell me where First Creek is... by personal e-mail, of course.
I'll have to possibly "hunt" down one of those Hillbilly Tacos on the next trip... God knows what those must be made of...??

Joe,
You mean to tell me you aren't familiar with the elusive Appalachian urban strain spec?? The one that was genetically engineered and infused with carp DNA so it is able to survive in just about any fresh water environment... I've heard First Creek is full of them. And here I thought you were well aware of all the trout species in the area.

Tight Lines,
Old 02-03-2012, 04:58 PM

The wife and I like to stop by The Market in Maryville on our way to Townsend.

Typically we stop by the BBQ trailer on Wears Valley beside the tube joint. Really good BBQ and wonderful grilled corn-on-the-cob. However, never on a weekend, always on a Mon thru Thurs. Otherwise you are overrun by tubers. Unfortunately, I heard a nasty rumor that this BBQ stand is now gone, but maybe they just closed up for the season.

For a more mid-range dining experience we enjoy Miss Lily's or when semi-formal dining is the game we enjoy Dancing Bear Lodge.

However, when I am by myself it is hard to beat a slaw dog from the gas station across the street from the school.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 02-05-2012, 02:20 AM

Travis great suggestions there the Market is great and so is Miss Lillys especially the Sunday brunch there. I haven't ever ate at the Dancing Bear lodge yet but have you noticed there big billboards in knoxville that say "Got Trout?".

We ate at the riverstone in Townsend tonight after fishing (3 small bows in west prong on #16 rainbow prince nymphs) and playing around in Cades Cove with my son. It was great food again and they had live music tonight.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Default Deleted hyperlink from "da list" and added "(Post #49)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
For a more mid-range dining experience we enjoy Miss Lily's or when semi-formal dining is the game we enjoy Dancing Bear Lodge.
Thanks, Travis. I added Dancing Bear Lodge to da list (Post #49).

My wife & enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Carriage House during Troutfest 2011.

Last edited by JoeFred; 02-06-2012 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Added Carriage House note
Old 02-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Heard a rumor that Miss Lilly's in Townsend has closed. Does any one know for sure?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:15 PM

REJOICE! Byron says that Miss Lily's is not closed permanently. He said Steve is tearing out the floor in the kitchen and reinforcing the foundation to hold the heavy equipment. The floor was sagging. He thinks Steve said it would take two months. Then they will re-open. He sees Steve working there almost every day.

Thank you, Byron & sammyben.
JF
Old 02-06-2012, 01:55 PM

That's good to hear JoeFred Miss Lilly's is great. I think someone said that Riverstone was moving and I asked them about it Saturday night they said they weren't moving. When I was there a waitress asked me about my troutfest t-shirt and asked me where it was at. I told her it was just down the road at the visitor center in May. She asked me how long it had been going on and that she had been taking her son to a "troutfest" in Pigeon Forge the last couple of years. I didn't know there was any such thing there maybe she was mistaken. Anyway she was very glad to know there was a troutfest locally so she could take her son this year.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...