Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM

Looks like about 15 3/16"
Old 09-20-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knik View Post
....... I know it's a pup compared to what you guys catch, but this is my best yet on the Grinch. Caught a few more smaller fish but it sure didn't fish like last sun., was slow for sure.
In the end; all that matters is you conquered your challenge with this guy and that you are proud of it. Some of the best fish I have ever caught have not been that large; but, it was the moment and the situation that framed my experience. That is a beautiful fish and I am glad you tamed him.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Waterwolf, RFork....
Thanks for the tips on measuring fish.

Wolf, I do use the handle of my rod to measure with in the mountains, one less thing I have to carry.

As far as nets go, I finally broke down and went to a rubber bag ( look in the bottom of the canoe in following pic.). Started out with a cheap $14 net.......... never own another, hooks hang in them every time. After 1 day with the rubber bag and not having to get mad over hooks hanging in the net, glad I spent the money. Figure if I take care of it then it should last for many years.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 PM

Knik -- great catch and pic!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knik View Post
Waterwolf, RFork....
Thanks for the tips on measuring fish.

Wolf, I do use the handle of my rod to measure with in the mountains, one less thing I have to carry.

As far as nets go, I finally broke down and went to a rubber bag ( look in the bottom of the canoe in following pic.). Started out with a cheap $14 net.......... never own another, hooks hang in them every time. After 1 day with the rubber bag and not having to get mad over hooks hanging in the net, glad I spent the money. Figure if I take care of it then it should last for many years.
You are right the4 cotton net bag is a nightmare with flies, even barbless flies. Rubber bags and barbless flies have the amazing ability to unhook fish and allow for release many times without ever touching the fish.

When fishing out of a boat I usually net most fish over 14", they are just too **** crazy and nothing worse then to bomb a fish onto the bottom of a boat.

Congrats on the catch again.