Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-26-2010, 09:55 PM

Default The bears are getting a little too brave...

I know we focus on keeping a good balance between humans and bears, but they are going to have to develop more forceful rules about the bears in the park. Stuff like this just can't keep happening, you know? I mean, I realize that it's their world, but when they get THIS out of control, I think it's the kind of exposure they don't need...

http://owljones.blogspot.com/2010/09...out-bears.html
Old 09-27-2010, 06:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

I hope those pictures were photoshopped... If not, then that is crazy. I'm in the mountains anywhere between 3-6 days a week, and I think the bear population is out of control. No predators, no hunting, and lots of food equals tons of bears. Now from what I hear there are people in the park contracted to kill the wild boar... Why not have those same people pick off some bears too? They are already out there with the means of killing a large animal, why not kill 2 birds with one stone? An over populated bear population would be bad for both the health of the bears, and for the people who like to enjoy the park. Just my thought on the subject...
Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 AM

Unless some of the herd is culled, nature will take care of the situation in her own way which is going to be much worse to the bears than a quick bullet. I suppose there was a day when trapping and relocating but the population seems to have grown to the point there's really no place to relocate.

Cycles of feast and famine are all part of nature and that's how she takes care of things like this.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

Yeah, there are bears in the back country that will eat you for dinner I would just stay out of the back country all together, I hear they are really bad on Deep Creek and Little River Trail you should stay out of there just to be on the safe side.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
I know we focus on keeping a good balance between humans and bears, but they are going to have to develop more forceful rules about the bears in the park. Stuff like this just can't keep happening, you know? I mean, I realize that it's their world, but when they get THIS out of control, I think it's the kind of exposure they don't need...

http://owljones.blogspot.com/2010/09...out-bears.html

On the positive side, whenever you are fishing by yourself and make a great catch, you can always just find a bear to take your photo for you! I hear many of them are proficient with a variety of digitial cameras.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM

The hardest part is getting them to remember to take off the lens cap and then keeping them from jumping around in front of the camera at the last minute, blocking your photo of that prized catch.

Amateur bear photographers must be stopped, folks.

( And yes, those are some quick and pretty shoddy photochopped pics. lol ) Just though I'd try to lighten things up a bit.